• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is Real Jujitsu?

What is real Jujitsu?

I'm looking for opinions on this topic from any martial artists.

Jujitsu to me is the art of combat. Its techniques should be anything that would work in a real combat (selfdefense) situation and if that technique is not in a jujitsu program then it should be added. I am a firm believer that you need to train on all aspects of a fight to include kicks, strikes, locks/chokes, throws/takedowns, grappling. I think that the offensive aspects of these techniques should be trained as well as learning the defensive aspects. So shouldnt real Jujitsu include any and all techniques that could be used in a real combat (selfdefense) situation?

Times have changed since the day of armor covered warriors on the battle field so shouldnt this art of combat change to fit todays real world. If we did not allow Jujitsu to change with the times dont you think we would be cheating its true meaning and nature?

Once again this is only my opinion. But I would like to hear the opinion of others. Thank You

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think of Ju Jitsu in a similar way. The style I do is a Mongrel Style - if something works then it is included. But the main benefit I get from Ju Jitsu is the realistic situations and self-defence side of things.

As for it developing ....what do you think I think? :brow:

hehe

Jax_Evolution

Thanks for the reply to this, its been viewed about 50 times and no one has responded. I think maybe because its a touchy subject to some out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!