Old school traditional fighters vs today's MMA top guns

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do...if you search for the truth,you will find some of it.Read Sakuraba's trainer Takeda's book.He admits to fighting worked fights with Rickson.Read it before you judge it's creditibilty.

So, I take it that you don't have evidence.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 4 weeks later...

The point in not the fighters know a day are more harcore i think old stylist are tuffer based on they had limited training equipment and supliments. Were stronger faster and training realistic fighting positons what the body moves naturally rather then trying to use a monky fist or stance then acting all drunk to strike. i think that the person also has alot to do with it too. martial arts are developing into more effective combat arts and yes subbmisson fighter of the now could pummle a shaolin monk with out weapons. but heres one for you weapon styles and movements havent changed much they would kill us in a battle without guns. but i give them credit they had alot more honor and disapline to not come out of form in a fight they were trying to be perfect within combat. we will just slam you and punch your face in till gurgle blood much more effective.

martial arts are developing into more effective combat arts and yes subbmisson fighter of the now could pummle a shaolin monk

but would the monk fight back?

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

sorry to use monk for a example lets say monky kung fu stylist. and my point is that yes we are more combat effective with submission fighting, ufc , jkd etc. martial arts are developing to faster more aggressive styles. but im not throughing out all old art im studying kung fu san soo full contact its very brutal but i have done mauy thai and jujitsu and i would still relie on mauy thai and jujitsu on the street and i notice simular attacks in san soo. i have to say for all the old arts mauy thai hasent changed and in my eyes the most street combat effective art.

But as with anything-those old, as you call them, MA were developed to their times. There social order and its physical confrontations.

In almost an analogy of medicine being envolved, new methods or discoveries are made.

However, in MA, if there is human physical fighting, than only the instruments, per weapons change-not the person, art, skill, or ability to use their limbs in methods of fighting.

Thus, a old MA is as good as a "new" one for that both are developed to deal with solutions and principals in the same way.

The difference between the "old" and the "new" is time, not the end result, not principals, and not the methods.

Also, what was "guarded" and "secret" back then, is now "common knowledge".

Thus, martial arts are NOT developing to faster more aggressive styles.

The difference between the "old" and the "new" is time, not the end result, not principals, and not the methods.

Also, what was "guarded" and "secret" back then, is now "common knowledge".

Thus, martial arts are NOT developing to faster more aggressive styles.

are you saying j.k.d is not a newly devoloped art and bruce didnt create it to be faster and more agressive in combat? i think that the martial training these days like submission fighting might have a mixture or orgin of other styles but when you train like that you might have used other styles but blended them into one more effective style. all new styles of fighting arts come from other arts but seeded out what work in ring or street or ring. are you saying that martial arts are not developing into fast more combat effective styles. i can tell times are even changing my kung fu san soo class. we train to fight a street fight rather than another kung stylist back in the old days they didnt do this. so know are we not being more agressive cause street fighter uses agression to fight cause he has no training. im not looking to prove you wrong just saying things have been changing for martial arts.