• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Old school traditional fighters vs today's MMA top guns

I've had so many debates with friends about this subject.What do you guys think?

Example:Kano(founder of judo)vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson...just an example.Feel free to discuss any match up that you think would be interesting.It seems that Bruce always gets thrown in there somewhere,so Bruce vs Lu Bu.j/k but you get the point.This topic could even be stretched farther to dream matches.But,seriously I think alot of the masters of the past would have problems with today's Pride Champs.This would be without weapons ofcourse.

Okay for my dream match...

Bruce Lee vs Wanderli Silva(yeah I know it's not true to the thread's title,but that would be a crazy battle). :o

Demons live in the shadows of this world where the uncritical mind fails to shine the light of reason.

Be nice to animals.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooops :o ...I meant to post this in the comparative styles section.

Can it be moved please?

Thanks in advance

Demons live in the shadows of this world where the uncritical mind fails to shine the light of reason.

Be nice to animals.

Masutatsu Oyama (at his prime)Vs. Ken Shamrock (at his prime).

KFM

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

TheDevilAside,

I would go with Oyama too. Not only did he kill bulls but apparently he also hopitalised various wrestlers and boxers.

KFM

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

I'll put Fedor Emelianenko up against Masutatsu Oyama,and Rogerio "Minotaur" Nogueira against Ken Shamrock.

Anybody got a match up for Morihei Ueshiba,that man did real Aikido.Real aikido is powerful,you really have to have a hard style before you can go internal,it doesn't have to be practiced so soft.His dojo was once called "the dojo of hell".Morihei Ueshiba is referred to by the practitioners of Aikido as O Sensei, "The Great Teacher".

Be nice to animals.

randy couture all the way. if mma top guns could be beaten by traditional martial artists, someone coming out of one of those traditional schools with their mystic abilities would have done so by now.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Randy Couture is a bad mofo!But I'd take the new Cro Cop against him.Cro Cop's takedown defense has always been surperb,but now's he's working on the ground.Of course CC wouldn't want it to go to the ground.But,there's no fighter in the UFC with CC's kicking power.If it lands...it's over.It would be a great fight.

CC by KO

Be nice to animals.

Fighters of the past were pretty hardcore guys, but the fighters of today are so much more hardcore in my opinion. Also now things are much more intense. Now if you go way back and get some of the fighters who were trained to take fights to the death and had done this several times then we start messing around with the mental aspects of the game at a new(very old) level. Alot of martial arts have changed alot in the past 15 years. More realistic training is taking place. That does not mean that realistic training is new because all of these techniques were designed from combat and for the battle field but at some point I feel alot of martial arts turned into more of a hobby for perserving history and hidden movements rather that for its true meaning for combat or in todays world self defense.

Okay now that I've gotton way off of the topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!