• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Frustrated

zap

I just started noticing how many black belts there are, and how the meaning "being a black belt" is losing its meaning and purpose. I think it is due to those a-holes who just pay for their black belts and don't know jack. I've been going to tournaments for a while and have noticed black belts aren't what they used to be( except for the good ones :) ). I also wanted to throw in here that kid black belts are crap and should never happen.

It is good to be well versed in one style, but even better to be well versed in many styles.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Its not because they bought their way to a black belt,its becuz they were to lazy to try from the start.Ive seen many lazy black belts who would stop doin even the warm ups when the master wasnt lookin.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

As Ive said here many times....belt hold up pants....get on mat and train.

When you get on the mat......it doesnt matter what belt you have on......your abilities speak loudly enough to show whether or not you are what you wear around your waist.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

On a side note......dontcha just love it when you see a 12 year old who's knee high to a grasshopper wearing a black belt with 3 stripes......yeah....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

On a side note......dontcha just love it when you see a 12 year old who's knee high to a grasshopper wearing a black belt with 3 stripes......yeah....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Careful bud...you just might meet that 'lil grasshopper some day in a dark alley, and you'll eat those words.

:roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Careful bud...you just might meet that 'lil grasshopper some day in a dark alley, and you'll eat those words.

:roll:

Something tells me to doubt that highly. :D

Yo Zap:

Just know in your heart and mind that you've worked hard for your BB, and continue to do so. Whether there are 2,3,4 BB's in your dojo, or 50 BB's(including kids), just be sure to keep your training and learning above the rest....that's all :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Let them have 10 stripes and a rainbow on their belts for all I care. :P

I train for me -I compare myself to me- what rank or ability anyone else has it not me........ so it dosen't matter. :D

I set my own personal goals and standards, whatever rank I'm awarded is irrelevant to my training.

Though, I must admit it does feel good to be acknowledged for your hard work. :wink:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Let them have 10 stripes and a rainbow on their belts for all I care. :P

I train for me -I compare myself to me- what rank or ability anyone else has it not me........ so it dosen't matter. :D

I set my own personal goals and standards, whatever rank I'm awarded is irrelevant to my training.

Though, I must admit it does feel good to be acknowledged for your hard work. :wink:

I totally agree. I've been training for four years, and there are people in my dojang that got their BB's in three years. Do I care? Nope (I'm just a lowly color belt). I see some BB's in some dojangs that are no better than a yellow belt (low standards from the instructor, I suppose). I do hold myself at a higher standard. If I don't think I'm there yet, I won't test. That goes for my BB as well (when I get there that is).

Laurie F