anybody hear of Dan Zan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suprised that since he broke off from the AJJF and modified the original art taught by Prof. Okazaki that he still uses Danzan Ryu in 'title' for what you are learning.

Not that it is necessarily a horrible thing, but usually they change the name to something completely different out of respect for the original style. For example, when Wally Jay split off from AJJF and created his own style based on Danzan Ryu he called it Small Circle Jujitsu.

I know the AJJF dues for teachers can be killer also.

dont worry i dont think it was arrogant.

i told you already, he still teaches basic Dan Zan Ryu, but he also teaches more. he wants people to know what 80% of his art comes from.

we are purely a combat art. he sees that much of Ajjf is about sport. it goes against his beliefs. we are undergoing a few changes lately. he has even found 5 other schools who have broken off from AJJF for the same reason. it wasnt a money issue.

they have this wierd secracy thing there. if they dont want you know a certain move then they dont show it to you. much of things that are taught is out of trust. so far i have gained some trust with them. i dont want to break it by talking about the specifics of a certain move. we are asked not to talk of such things on top of that.

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

not to be jerk or anything, because you did not question my teachers abilities in the art, but Dave McNeill is not on the professor list.

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

I didn't think he would be. He doesn't teach Danzan Ryu, he teaches Goju Shorei Karate and is the founder of the Goju Shorei Weapons System. He started off in Danzan Ryu many years ago received some significant rank. I'm not sure what it is specifically.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

the rank must be third degree or lower because all forth degrees are listed. our entire system is taught by forth degree information. the higher degrees are only obtained by dedication to the art. once you get to sixth degree you are called a professor. being a professor means something besides dedication but i forget. i think it has something to do with knowledge of the art.

ill ask. :-?

He is a part of the AJI organization. He spent his 35th anniversaty in the martial arts with his AJI friends in Hawaii. Glenn Medici, whom I studied Danzan Ryu under, is also an AJI member.

Glenn Medici, sound familar.

does he teach an under water class every year, on yawara and shime te

Not that I'm aware of. I didn't even stay with him an entire year. Not that he wasn't a good instructor, but what I really wanted to take was Shorin Ryu or something very similar. He also taught Shorin but only if you belonged to his Danzan Ryu class for at least 6 months or something like that. I started training with Mike Wall very soon after this.

• 2 years later...

Hello Everyone

I noticed that you guys are interested in Danzan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu.

I might be able to help you.

I am a black belt under Professor LaGue, our Shodai (head of the system).

If you have any questions, I might be able to help you.

BE the change you want to see in the world.