• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparing and over Protective Parents

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ok, my parents were VERY hesitant to letting me join martial arts. I told them that just because I am a girl doesn't mean I am a sissy. I think they thought I would push myself (they swear tomboy blood flows through my veins) to fight adults and people who hit to hard. I told them about learning about japanese culture (blah, blah, blah) and they let me join. Sometimes, your parents don't always know what's best for you. I fight guys and adults all the time now. They don't take it easy on me, and I don't take it easy on them. Fighting is a part of me now.

Are there any dojos located near your home? If you have a choice, join karate over TKD. It just isn't taught well in the USA.

It is VERY hard to convince parents to let you take boxing. It is known to be violent and brutal. Martial arts has good arguing points. Trust me!!

Make'm cry or get disqualified.

The more you sweat in the dojo, the less you bleed on the streets.

• 4 months later...

my parents where like that to dident want me to get hurt always saying how i would end up like ali finnaly i told them that this is what i do and what ill be doing for a career some day and they understood.

i would agree that most TKD in the US is crap but my school is pretty hard core we do full contact and have hand hits to the head.

Fist visible Strike invisible