• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Full Contact Tournament - Nervous

thaiboxerken wrote:

Why take the punishment, why don't you kick him around instead?

LOL, you're funny. There's really no punishment involved! For me, it's all just for fun.

What I'm doing is giving these guys a chance to get some sparring expierence. They paid for the tournament, so why deprive them of their expierence as well as their money's worth.

Also, as an instructor, it's my job to give them encouragement. I spar them at just one notch above their level, so I am kicking and hitting them while allowing them to kick and hit me. This still challeges them without discourageing them. At the end they think to themselves "I almost had him. I can get him next time if I train harder".

thaiboxerken, I don't know if you know this, but I'm a 4th degree black belt, multiple times State Champion and National Champion. I'm really not worried about being punished by these lower ranks. I let them hit me, but it's no big deal. But thanks for your concern. :wink:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

OMG! His first time sparring was in a tournament?!?!Good on him! It was nice of you to volunteer... those are moments we remember.