• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Uncontrolled fighter

I'm thinking more aggressive and more assertive. Personally, i aim for being 'way overboard' in my efforts, not in matching them, or even being 'slightly' over them. Not unless i'm sparring, that is.

I should've said, "atleast as agressive and..." But yeah, you're right.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your friend sparred not knowing the rules you sparred knowing the rules. Imagine if you had attacked as if there were no rules. I dont know your background but being trained to fight is being trained to maintain control and once you loose that control everything becomes a blur. Remember realistic training is the key, sparring is a must but keep it real!!!!!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

yea i think i would forget what i learned in a street fight, how can you work to over comethat, to be calm and just bring what you learn in the gym to thte streets?

By:

* practicing things that will work in the streets

* recognizing all things around you, and training oneself to utilize them without restraint (restraint is not something you train... that comes from having common sense and it will step in of its own volition when necessary)

* approaching all your studies as if you may have to apply them in the streets

* conditioning your mind to examine conflicts in degrees

* conditioning your mind to be able to switch between degrees instantaneously

* conditioning your body for both prolonged and shortburst high intensity conflicts

* practicing with intensity

* train with full ferocity, preferably on inanimate objects

* learn to 'use' your adrenalin. Subject yourself to adrenalin rushes and then 'work' with the adrenalin, instead of fight it

* predator training. Learn to think like a predator, with your opposition being the prey

* know yourself, learn to know your enemy, always know your environment

* practice your techniques over and over and over. bring them to a point where your muscles automatically know what to do, so you aren't required to think when being confronted

* gain confidence in yourself. not confidence in your ability to handle others, but confidence in yourself. To have confidence in yourself is to be introspective, to have confidence of others is to be extroverted... which translates to, 'overconfidence.'

* build awareness of your surroundings

* accept death as a possible outcome. be at peace with this, but do everything you can to ensure it is not your death, or the death of someone you love

* accept fear

A few other things, of course. ;)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Warlock hit the head on the nail on this one!!!!!

/me gloats :brow:

On a side, explain something to me Shane. Why is it everytime i see one of your posts, I have this uncontrollable urge to run out in the middle of the street and call out your name repeatedly? :o

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

White Warlock

The answer to your question can only be found within yourself.

I can only act as your guide on your quest to find answers to why you have this uncontrollable urge to run out in the middle of the street and call out my name repeatedly.

Once you have found the answers to your questions you will then be ready for the next test.

Note: Think outside of the box, it will get you alot further in life.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

Bro, Also keep in mind that you and your friend were having a little friendly and he felt that obviously you are a "fighter" and therefore he will have to fight better, but not only that, I think it was also to show that even though you are a "trained fighter" he can still take you out. In other words, you were looking for a sparring session while he tried to show you something.

I do exactly the same when I have to fight someone I don't know at a tournament or even when I fight in the street with someone I might have heard is a hell of a fighter. Like I have said in one of my previous posts: The best defence is offence. And that my friend you experienced first hand when you decided to take your buddy on.

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me