• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Uncontrolled fighter

i was sparring wiht my friend last night, he has no training so he basically just goes all out. It was kind of hard becauxe i would just cover up and take the hits than go off on him wiht a couple of shots which would get him obviously but i didnt want to just trhow punches while he was throwing punches. Its weird, i thinki would have more trouble fighting an untrained person than a traINED ONE, because a trained person will just exchange punches and we know both take it wasy but an untrained person jst goes off at you. Somethigh to think about.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its weird, i thinki would have more trouble fighting an untrained person than a traINED ONE

Hopefully you should be able to FIGHT an untrained person better than a trained one. Sparring is a completely different story.

That's why many martial artists who only spar with martial artists get a really shock when Angry Joe down at the bar has a go and takes a swing. That's why i also like mainly full contact or realistic sparring, because sparring with controlled movements makes us weaker...

Rick :karate: :up:

RJT: 2nd Degree Black Belt Freestyle Kickboxer - 3rd Gup HapKiDoist - 6th Kyu Zen Go Shu KarateKa

Just Kick Them, They'll Understand...

-TBK

I believe that you were sucked out of reality with your sparring, Topic. The point of sparring is to prepare you for the real deal. I think the best thing you can do is continue to spar with this unchecked fighter and learn to handle the pressure of a flurry of blows like that. Also, if he's running at you, use his momentum against him. Throw him down. That always takes my friends off guard.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

because a trained person will just exchange punches and we know both take it wasy

ummm what?

if you are talking about playful sparring then sure maybe.

But any trained fighter worth a damn is not going to exchange punches ever in a real fight.

I am a trained fighter and the last thing i ever want to do is give someone a chance to land a lucky shot and hurt me.

Sure an untrained brawler can be dangerous.

But a trained person who is going to trade or exchange shots is the most dangerous enemy to himself.

I don't know how to spar out of control, untrainted people either. But I can fight them. Just so you know... if you ever have to fight an untrained 'maniac' without any rules, then be as aggressive and assertive as him. Drive him backward until he drops or hits a wall. The only difference is that your strikes should have technique, strategy and accuracy behind them as much as possible.

Ideally, anyway...

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

if you ever have to fight an untrained 'maniac' without any rules, then be as aggressive and assertive as him.

I'm thinking more aggressive and more assertive. Personally, i aim for being 'way overboard' in my efforts, not in matching them, or even being 'slightly' over them. Not unless i'm sparring, that is. ;)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

cross has a great point. sparring inherently has a few rules, which i dont think your friend quite grasped. while it isnt exactly like a street situation (because of the rules involved) it will make you better at those street situations... but (i think) only if you follow the rules so to get better at the skills youre practicing.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli