• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do I need to know for Green Belt?

Hello all,

I'm the newb here, so give me a break; What are the requirements for me to get my green belt? I'm a yellow right now (just got it on tuesday). I think my forms are the old fashioned ones (Kecho Ilboo(sp?) and Ebu and the self defense numbers 1-15. Thanks in advance!

If you can't see it, you can't hit it!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

self defenses 1-15? isnt that a little to much at your level?

All Tkd dojo's are different.

For me,i had to do my forms,do self defense 1-4,one step sparring 1-4,and break a board with a knife chop.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

Hello all,

I'm the newb here, so give me a break; What are the requirements for me to get my green belt? I'm a yellow right now (just got it on tuesday). I think my forms are the old fashioned ones (Kecho Ilboo(sp?) and Ebu and the self defense numbers 1-15. Thanks in advance!

I would think the obvious person to ask this question of, would be your instructor, since he?she is the one that will be testing you. Have you tried that?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

All Tkd dojo's are different.

For me,i had to do my forms,do self defense 1-4,one step sparring 1-4,and break a board with a knife chop.

Pretty much the same here. For green belt, I learned Taegeuk 4 (?), but I had to know all previous ones, one step sparring, self defense, and sparring. I don't remember much of my green belt test, so I could be wrong.

Laurie F

What are the requirements for me to get my green belt?

Whatever they tell you.

All dojangs are different (unless franchised) and the instructor should tell you exactly what is required. Start there. End there. Other students may mislead you, accidently or not.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Don't listen to Kicks.

You need to be able to break a brick with a spear hand, perform bassai sho backwards and take the pebble from my hand.

:)

Actually, you should definetely ask your instructor or see if they have a student manual. All of our students receive a manual listing their requirements up to Cho Dan. From there, they get a manual listing the req's for E Dan, Sam Dan, etc.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Don't listen to Kicks.

You need to be able to break a brick with a spear hand, perform bassai sho backwards and take the pebble from my hand.

Ha! that was our white belt test requirements. :P

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Well it depends what federation your also under.

In ITF for Green belt we do:

Dan-Gun (Previous Testing Pattern)

Do-San (Your Testing Pattern)

History of Do-San

No. of Movements

Pattern Diagram

3 Step Sparring numbers 4-6

Possible board breaking with Either a Side Kick or a Knifehand Strike

Federation: ITF Australia

School: Bai Rui

Previous Instructors: Master Paul Cutler (8th Degree), Mr Charles Birch (6th Degree), Mr Jason Kee (2nd Degree)