• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good Books on Judo and Jujitsu?

Yes, I've looked through the thread on the martial arts library, but it wasn't too helpful (there were some books mentioned, but only by two people).

So I'm curious, what good (history, theory, and/or techniques) books are helpful for someone trying to learn more about jujitsu or judo? I'm taking Japanese jujitsu right now, but would not mind info about anything.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the gracies have put out some good books on BJJ, and though you cant actually learn from a book, theyre about the best books ive seen for martial arts. the only good ones, actually.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

for judo one of the best books you can buy is titled "Best Judo". Judoinfo.com is hands down the greatest sight on the net for judo information(hence the name :] )

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

Vito, no disrespect, but that is NOT true. Try judo in action for example. You will see how nothing in the grappling world is new. You will see omoplatas and all of that in the old judo books. The guard and all of that were used in India centuries ago. Ask anyone who has been in the game a long time.

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

huh? i never said anything about it being new (?). all i did was recommend those, and say that theyre about the best out there (meaning as far as ive seen.)

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Vito, no disrespect, but that is NOT true. Try judo in action for example. You will see how nothing in the grappling world is new. You will see omoplatas and all of that in the old judo books. The guard and all of that were used in India centuries ago. Ask anyone who has been in the game a long time.

I'm going to have to disagree. We're not discussing the ART here...just the books. And, imho, the gracies have put out the best books in terms of completeness of explanation and clarity of photographs. Its just uncanny. Take a look at them some time, you'll understand what I mean.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."