• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

you are talking about very awesome weapons but...

dancin_ash

All you people hear are all set to learning how to use nunchucks with out smacking yourself in the head (yep i've done that dont want to try again). What i want to know is why do you insist on learning how to use all of these karate weapons.

Seriously i doubt that any of you will ever get into a real fight where you will have nun chucks and will use them to fight against 30 people, like bruce lee does in the movies.

If you want to talk about real weapons that you would use in real combat, real life and death situations. I will give you a list of a few...

Knife

Metal pipe

Baseball bat

Sticks

Glass Bottles

Belts

Chains

Guns (extreme circumstances)

And there are plenty more, that i can think off

- dancin_ash

Dont approach me, I wont approach u.

Dont insult me, I wont insult u.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never use weapons in my fights.When my opponent uses one i make sure i disarm him and give him a lil extra more spanking.

I,and others practice with nunchakus but only for inceasing hand eye coordination and to just swing them around as a hobbie.Usually i practice hitting my sand bag with em but just for fun..unless a theif breaks into my house then ill use em.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

Little Dragon, i can also say i have never used a weapon in a fight. I have though been in fights where a weapon has been used against me and as you said, i tried to disarm them as quick as i could.

Yeah i see how training with nunchucks etc. could increase your hand eye coordination, i never thought of that or a hobby fair enough.

Dont approach me, I wont approach u.

Dont insult me, I wont insult u.

Ive used a weapon in a fight...................my body. Hehehe.

As for: "Why train w/ traditional weapons?"

Its fun, and it opens up a whole new perspective on traditional martial arts, traditional culture, and history.

If you ever change your style from: "STREET" you may feel the same way about the system of martial arts you are studying.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

If you want to talk about real weapons that you would use in real combat, real life and death situations. I will give you a list of a few...

Knife

Metal pipe

Baseball bat

Sticks

Glass Bottles

Belts

Chains

- dancin_ash

Hey...guess what!

Knife ---we do tons of knife defenses, and yes, it's a good weapon.

Metal pipe/Baseball bat/Sticks Funny, depending on the length of the pipe..it can be used as a bo/staff, escrima/nitonbo or jo (short staff). Baseball bat/sticks just like an escrima/nitonbo? Possibly like tonfa/sai? Sounds like similar weapons to me.

Glass Bottles OK, bottles are bottles. :roll:

Belts/Chains Can be used just like nunchaku, and are practiced in the dojo that way.

We learn kobudo/traditional weapons for several reasons. Tradition, strengthing of specific parts of the body, and the use of weapons in general. I may not have a pair of nunchaku in my back pocket if I get into a fight, but I will have a belt, possible a garden hose, rope or chain nearby that I can use. I might not carry a bo with me either, but a pool stick, baseball bat, pipe, flag pole, or 2x4 might be handy to use instead.

Get the idea? :karate:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Knife

Metal pipe

Baseball bat

Sticks

Glass Bottles

Belts

Chains

- dancin_ash

Hey...guess what!

Knife ---we do tons of knife defenses, and yes, it's a good weapon.

Metal pipe/Baseball bat/Sticks Funny, depending on the length of the pipe..it can be used as a bo/staff, escrima/nitonbo or jo (short staff). Baseball bat/sticks just like an escrima/nitonbo? Possibly like tonfa/sai? Sounds like similar weapons to me.

Glass Bottles OK, bottles are bottles. :roll:

Belts/Chains Can be used just like nunchaku, and are practiced in the dojo that way.

We learn kobudo/traditional weapons for several reasons. Tradition, strengthing of specific parts of the body, and the use of weapons in general. I may not have a pair of nunchaku in my back pocket if I get into a fight, but I will have a belt, possible a garden hose, rope or chain nearby that I can use. I might not carry a bo with me either, but a pool stick, baseball bat, pipe, flag pole, or 2x4 might be handy to use instead.

Get the idea? :karate:

We can only pray and hope the message was received and understood :brow: :o :P :D :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

We can only pray and hope the message was received and understood :brow: :o :P :D :karate:

Wanna bet on it? :brow:

Off the topic, do you know Rod martens out of Wyoming? Also does karaho. Just wondering.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Training with traditional weapons not only familiarises you with the weapons but also gives you an opportunity to learn the techniques that have been tested and proven and passed along from generation to generation.Why train with someone who only has their own experiences to base their teachings from when there are masters out there who have such a wealth of knowlege,take advantage of the opportunity before it is gone.I have trained with both types and can tell you when you do you will have no doughts that the techniques of the traditional weapons are most definitely applicable to any hand held weapon including firearms.Do you think walking down the street with ballbats ,chains and poolcues would be more readily accepted than nunchaku, tonfa or bo,unless your street is through the ball park I do not think so.

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi