• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts and drugs

hmm marijuana is in most cases not as harmfull as alcohol.I do not think it is right to disqualify someone for that reason.
Oh cripes, here we go. Not as harmful as alcohol?? This is brainwashing at its finest here. First off, SMOKING (dope included) causes lung, throat and mouth cancers. It causes emphysema later in life. The same holds true if you smoke weed. In fact, the risks of the above are greater with weed, since no filtration is present (no, the screen/ bong water doesn't filter out the bad stuff). Secondly, everyone says it is not as bad as alcohol. What a cop-out. Alcohol is far greatly abused than weed, since it is more readily available (read-LEGAL)and more people resort to it to kill pains (mental and physical). Weed will do the same thing to you mentally and behaviorally as alcohol. In my job, I come into contact with many people who are high on drugs as well as marijuana. They can be just as violent, criminally intent, and just as stupid on weed as they can on booze. If you don't believe that, then go pay a visit to your local jail on a given Friday or Saturday night. Pot makes you lose your drive and willingness to be a self-starter. It is a pointless crutch. If you need marijuana to get through a day, you are a weak and feeble person. Anyone who needs to resort to illegal drugs as well as booze to cope has a weakness issue, and needs to get some self-esteem and strength. The guy shoulda been disqualified. As far as I am concerned he (along with guys why use 'roids) have no business being in the MA's. It is exactly OPPOSITE what the MA's stand for. I find it pathetic and weak. :kaioken:

Mixed Martial Artist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not into that stuff. Tried it when I was a lot younger it wasn't for me.

I can't imagine going to one of our classes like that :o it's hard enough training normally. :)

Hey kids, stay away it kills your drive, ambition, energy level, and makes you impotent. :o :o :o

"If God smoked pot.....would he see people??????? :P

- George Carlin-

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

i think i read somewhere that he only chewed on the leaves as a pain reliever, and that as far as drugs and alcohol went, he was pretty straight edge.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai