Martial Arts and drugs

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends on how you define that, really. in your brain, you have millions of little dopamine receptors. and everytime you do something pleasureable (the best example being going to the bathroom after holding it a really long time), your body releases dopamine. y'know, so it'll feel good. when you smoke marijuana, you get a whole lot of dopamine. so much you don't have enough receptors for it. so over time you build more. but then every day activities you used to love just don't make you feel as good anymore, and if it goes on to long, they don't make you feel good at all. you'll have to smoke more and more to keep up with the receptors to get the same high, and/or move onto stronger stuff, else be miserable until your excess receptors die off, which takes an amazing amount of time.... alcohol just kills you.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

The Okinawan masters all got plastered drunk on rotgut sake.....but thats it....'cept for cigarettes

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I know numerous "masters" that smoke for the enlightening thoughts on the inner and higher thinkings of martial arts and philosophy....just to post a different view point.

i agree that crack and heroin and meth are just crazy....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Hey......check out "Puming Iron" ......even Arnold smoked pot

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"