• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wrestling Tips, Anyone?

I am trying out for my school wrestling team. Does anyone have any tips?

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

IF your new to the sport do go for moves like the high tower or gut wrench. Try simple moves like the half nelson and the duck aBend your knees and don't let anyone near em, and keep your center of gravity low. IF someone shoots for your legs, sprawl out ontop of them, and get behind em, cause thats a point instanly. WEeeeeee

Can you use an arm bar in wrestling? *makes thoughtful sounds*

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else

arm bars are allowed but if it hurts the opponent the ref stops the action...so if you got a juji don't pull it all the way back or you pretty much start over...

my suggestions:

-get used to eating less than 1000 calories/day

-get up early and run

-do different kinds of push ups until your arms fall off

-wall squats, one leg squats

-every kind of ab exercise you can find

technique will come, but being in top shape helps a begginner the best...

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

eat less than 1000 caloris a day? I eat like 4000 calories a day and i dont gain any weight. Is that ok?

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

I'm done with wrestling although I wrestled in 9th and 10th. I'm playing basketball this year. Hey, go out there like its your last fight. Go out there like that person just stole your girlfriend. Sometimes its not the best technque that wins, its the person who is more pumped up. Keep your head up, train hard and make friends.

Have a great season. Good luck