• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Patience is a virtue..

..that I dont have. :sad:

You should see me when my comp screws up (which is often). Me thinks that I might turn out to have a homer simpson hair doo sometime in the future.

I was just wondering if any of you people have suggestions as to how I could be more patient. Thanks.

Zak the Tiger (grrrrrr!!!)

Feel the 'Putt Jattan De' power!!

*Truth is highest, but Truthful living is higher still*

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slow youre inner pace down and you will realise that the world is always in such a rush. With this realisation comes patience because you dont actually feel you are waiting .... you might even begin to like to moments of nothingness.

Just calm down youre inner self... you might find you are more focused and attentive in the each thing you do. Take a look at many of the 'masters', they are often slow in their approach yet whatever they do, they take their time, think out exactly what they are going to do and or say, and their conduct is much more refined. They have great patience and it shows.

[ This Message was edited by: Jiggy9 on 2001-12-22 12:42 ]

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

And how do you calm/slow your inner self?

My method...take a deep breath, clear the mind and ask, is this really worth getting an ulcer over? No, it doesnt always work but sure makes me think :pony:

And yes, the computer will for sure test ones patience

[ This Message was edited by: dreamer38f on 2001-12-22 18:00 ]

If you think you can't, then you must. If you must, you will.

I have another thougt too. We sometimes think we need to advance in rank and grasp techniques much to quickly. If Itosu had Funakoshi work on the Naihanchi katas for 3 years compared to how much time we spend on a kata. Well, doesn't it make you think.

How many thousands of times should a technique be done before we are ready to feel like we do it well?

well I used to have that well i still do you just got to take a deep breath and try to ignore w.e. buggin you or pretend you don't care anymor ebut if you have to let it out go ahead as long as it get fewer and fewer :smile:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Yep we all think we should do things too fast. I kind of think being able to stop and regroup will cut down on frustration.

If I ever learn how.

Seriously Zak I know how you feel. It took me 2 years to do a spinning back kick. I kept getting discouraged and stopping because I thought I couldn't do it.

As I was learning tekki nidan and forgetting and forgetting I didn't stop. I just kept starting over. Maybe if I would have just stopped a minute to breath and then come back and start over the spinning kick would have come sooner.

well say If your computer would freeze what would you do???

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.