• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BJJ is probably the most practical type of self defense. And to answer your other question about the workout, you will discover muscles that you did not know you even have, It is a very good workout.

The ground is my ocean, I am a shark and you can't swim.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BJJ is probably the most practical type of self defense. And to answer your other question about the workout, you will discover muscles that you did not know you even have, It is a very good workout.

You certainly will discover muscles you never knew you had (or never knew could hurt so much).

As far as your signature, I believe it was Jean Jacque Machado who said that, not Royce :P

• 3 weeks later...

It's very useful if you find yourself on the ground in a one person situation. You should know how to handle yourself on the ground, but it is only one aspect of fighting.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Yes, its good. There are other reasons to take it for just that, though. And other martial arts are good for fighting as well. Personally, I think the external martial arts start you off getting good quicker, but the internal martial arts have more potential for those who reach the highest levels. I would fight a bagua beginner over a BJJ beginner. I would fight a BJJ master over fighting a bagua master.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

Bagua is what Ghangis Khan's army knew? It's an old form of combat fighting? I'd fight a BJJ beginner on the roof of my house.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I would rather start with a throwing art, it works on the street and you will learn balance, in a multiple attack senerio throw an opponent into another. I do believe that you sould know what it feels like to be on the ground and how to escape, just like I always say , you need to know what it is like to be hit and whats its like on the ground.

Where Art ends, nature begins.