• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

wats a really usefull martial arts for an actualy fight or streetfight. i heard BJJ and Judo were among the best and fast to learn. the area i live in, im hearing about abd things like people jumping and stuff, so i want tol prepare as soon as possible. im actually liking capoeira a lot and will continue to do it, but its not a martial arts that is easy to apply to a real life fight situation very easily. i heard BJJ was though. if anyone has information on BJJ, if uw ant, u can aim me at maddwraph or maddwraph with msn messenger. i jsut want to knwo some of the thigns like how long is the class, wat do u learn, is it as much of a workout as capoiera. thanks a bunch :brow:

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, if you're choosing a style, then it's really up to what you're interested in and whats available. BTW, I believe Martialman was referring to Finger Trigger Death, or something of that sort. And the EFLAM is past me at the moment, maybe I'm just too tired right now.

BJJ has undeniably effective ground techniques...but you might want to learn how to fight standing as well. By what I've seen people who implement it with another art such as Muay Thai, Aikido, or Karate become very successful, because they are well rounded. Some people say that most fights end up on the ground. Still, I'd keep a few things handy in case you need to stay standing...for example; trying to get an effective low (or high for that matter) kicker into clynch position may not be the wisest choise. Personally, I'm about to enter a more traditional Jiujitsui, I think it will cover an assortment of areas, and that's basically what I'm looking for to start my formal training. I will always keep BJJ in mind. Grappling does come naturally to me, it seems more common sense than anything...and anatomy.

As for Judo, you may want to research it and see if it suites you. I personally have little interest in it. Whatever you choose, good luck.

Edited by GhostlySykanRyu

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

MartialMan, how was that on topic?

To the op, Judo and BJJ are VERY similar...Judo has more ofa standing emphasis, and BJJ is more of a ground. There are more differences, but generally, that's the gist.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."