• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

looking for good sparring book and/or video

everyone in my class has their own take on sparring and how to get points.

my favorite move is a twist round house, it has no power but fast as hell. they do not teach this kick in tae kwon do class, i just did the kick one night in sparring and i found it was a good fast kick. my instructor says that it is a japanese style twist roundhouse.

anybody know of a good sparring video or book that talks about techniques and strategy.

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

just keep sparring and sparring.It brings up your speed,power and reflex's,also your instructor should correct you in any mistakes you make...eventually your skill will boost from experience.Also if that kick isnt as weak as you say,it wont matter if it is fast..in tkd tournements the judges have to see ad hear the impact of the kick for a point.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

Another thing too look into would be weighted training gear. My friend has 5kg weights that are strapped onto the ankles. They are really hard to do anything with at first, but it is a awesome way to build both strength, and speed. You wouldn't believe how fast you are after using them for a month or so :)

Now i know why my instructor is so fast, he uses 10kg weights :P

Federation: ITF Australia

School: Bai Rui

Previous Instructors: Master Paul Cutler (8th Degree), Mr Charles Birch (6th Degree), Mr Jason Kee (2nd Degree)

whatever you do don't get the blackbelt championship 1999 editon it was horibble

"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live." - Sir Thomas Brown

I bring the pain hope you can take it-Cash Monroe