Mu Ryuk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check my signature to see what he said that i thought was funny.

One time we started to put the mats out ready for training and there was my instructer and five of us there. My instructer was on his hands and knees draggin mats into possition and trying to move the whole set matts across the room a few inches. He loooks up to see all five of us on the opposite side of the room leaning against the wall in silence watching him struggle. He said we looked like council workers.

• 2 weeks later...

My sensei had the habit of buying the wrong sized belts come belt testing time. When I was growing up I was a whole size 1 for most of my beginning and intermediate belt ranks. Right up through purple belt actually. Here are the belt sizes I have. I cut each one so it fit of course.

Yellow- Size 4

Orange- Size 3 (gettin closer)

Green- Size 1 (YES! Right size)

Purple- Size 4 (so, we're back here again)

Brown belt- size 2, this time we made sure it was the right size, because I was going to be wearing it for more than a few months.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

My sensei had the habit of buying the wrong sized belts come belt testing time. When I was growing up I was a whole size 1 for most of my beginning and intermediate belt ranks. Right up through purple belt actually. Here are the belt sizes I have. I cut each one so it fit of course.

Yellow- Size 4

Orange- Size 3 (gettin closer)

Green- Size 1 (YES! Right size)

Purple- Size 4 (so, we're back here again)

Brown belt- size 2, this time we made sure it was the right size, because I was going to be wearing it for more than a few months.

Were you a kid, or just an iddle build??

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

I was just a kid, I got my black belt when I was 11.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 weeks later...
one of my instructors is from mexico and has a pretty strong accent. Whenever he is saying Axe-Kick, it comes out os A$$ kick :roll:

Haha that's a classic

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 3 weeks later...

Not our master, but recently, a BB instructer was demonstrating a jump rear leg thrust kick. I was landing hard, after a long warmup and lots of other technique and combos. He says "Land quiet, like a cat" and demonstrates.... Except he landed on his heels, and proceeded to scramble back across half the room.

I had to laugh. He is a really good instructor, laid back, and has always helped me with my technique.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

I've not got any really funny stories. The only two I can think of are these two:

This one is more embarrassing to me than it is funny about the instructor, but here goes. I'd not long started karate and my suit was a bit longer for me than it needed to be and I was anal about taking my shoes off, so I trained with them on. This day in particular I was wearing the stupidest trainers with sort of small plastic studs on them and ended up getting all caught up when I tried to do a kick. Anyway, I landed theatrically on my butt and I made a loud *thunk*. Everyone looked around and was all worried, asking me if I was OK or saying, "That had to hurt." I turned round and saw one of my instructors just wetting himself laughing. He was totally doubled over, and at the end of the class when he tried to ask me if I was OK, he just ended up in fits of giggles again, although the embarrassment had worn off enough that I could have a good giggle with him by this point.

The second story happened in the summer. It was a really warm day and the class was quite empty. We were all wilting fast because of the heat in the hall, and because we were all wearing our 'gis'. We'd been sparring for an hour solid and most people were beginning to give up (including me)! Everyone was sitting out, sipping water and our sensei decided to pull me up to spar with him. He'd made a big deal out of telling us at the start of the class that we hadn't to do any take-downs when sparring as there were no mats out. We started sparring and the next thing I knew, he'd performed a take-down and I was on the ground. The whole class just shouted out in unison, "I thought you said no take-downs!" and my sensei, without missing a beat, said, "I did. She just fell over my foot, silly girl." Of course, then he helped me up and flashed me a cheeky grin and everyone had a good giggle.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

Well, as nobody from my dojo has found me on here yet.....*grins*

I can't think of much that's funny Sensei's done or said, I mean, yeah, he'll joke around some, but he's pretty serious. The most hilarious thing I can think of that he's done, is on one occasion, we had a married couple paired together, working on grappling. I was paired with my best guy friend, and it was more than a little odd, especially after Sensei's wonderful comments. Anyway, Sensei looked at who they had chosen as partners, and when they were on the mats, he said he better not hear any unzipping noises or he was getting his katana down. We heard zipping noises. Sensei got his katana down, and was threatening them with it jokingly. Very odd, dirty humor, but hey, that's the adult class for you.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu