• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Funny things our Instructors do.

Mu Ryuk

One time in my class with the young kids we had a "ready stance contest" where you could not laugh, giggle, move or anything and you had to look straight and keep a straight face. If you laugh or anything you lose and sit down. My sensei made many people laugh but had trouble on me. He started singing the barney song and I cracked it was so funny.

Chunk Kuk Do in SC! I love Club Karate!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was pretty embarrasing....therefore, funny.

I was testing for SanKyu at my dojo and had completed the first 2 1/2 hours of the testing, now it was kata time. I completed seisan, seiunchin, naihanchi, wansu, and chinto and last but not least, sanchin time.....well I bowed, announced "sanchin" and began...well as soon as I started the first punch, all locked into a good solid sanchin stance, nice and tight...when all of the sudden I let slip with a loud bit of gas....as I turned bright red and wanted to cry, my sensei with a look of suprise shouts "AH.....SANCHIN"......followed by some heavy laughing..Took a little while to get my composure back and finish the kata. :lol:

Passed by the way...

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

First off, as most of us probably do, we sign waivers when we sign-up, saying we won't sue if we get hurt.

Well, every once in awhile, when two students aren't practicing their techniques with enough intensity, he'll say something like "Go ahead... twist it. He signed the paper!"

We recently did an outdoor demo at our Annual local street festival. Sensei and I finished teh demo by doing some Ippon Kuimite techniques. Well to make long story short, it was a somewhat impromptu demo and we had only practiced what we we were doing once the night before. Anyhow, we had incorporated several trows and take downs that we don't normally do in class. Of course Sensei insited we use a mat even though I didn't think it was necessary (The stage had planty of give and I'm comfotable falling) Anyway as We went through the whole series of about 20 techniques. Sensei performs a beautiful throw that sends me Tail over topside to which I execute a beautiful forward shoulder roll.

The only problem is that we had drited toward the edge of the mat and when I came up out of my roll, my footing wasn't as it should have been (my feet were off the mat). Well being one to go with the flow I followed the momentum and landed flat on my side in a side breakfall... It was very obvious that we hadn't planned that and it made for a good laugh...

It's agood thing I'm the videographer for our dojo - I got to edit that part out of our demo tape... hehehe

Ben Kendrick

"The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle..."

My Instructor starts to talk about his past and then never stops- sometimes it's like he tells a fairy tale about how he lived his life as a martial artist- one minute at a time. Sometimes he talk so long that half our class would be over. I think it's pretty funny cause someone has to remind him of the time when he begins to blah. lol...It's a great lullaby.

Life is a book, you have to read it to achieve it- invent your own novel

I did not read any of the posts in this topic.

I started teaching in 1977 and have run my own club continuously since 1993.

I hope when I read this I do NOT recognize either myself nor any of my students!!!

:)

I thought this was pretty embarrasing....therefore, funny.

I was testing for SanKyu at my dojo and had completed the first 2 1/2 hours of the testing, now it was kata time. I completed seisan, seiunchin, naihanchi, wansu, and chinto and last but not least, sanchin time.....well I bowed, announced "sanchin" and began...well as soon as I started the first punch, all locked into a good solid sanchin stance, nice and tight...when all of the sudden I let slip with a loud bit of gas....as I turned bright red and wanted to cry, my sensei with a look of suprise shouts "AH.....SANCHIN"......followed by some heavy laughing..Took a little while to get my composure back and finish the kata. :lol:

Passed by the way...

Hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

AH Sanchin

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I hope when I read this I do NOT recognize either myself nor any of my students!!!

:)

That's pretty funny too :lol: :lol: :lol:

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I tend to not hit hard enough during dparring drills, (i like to be nice, i know...). When we practice throat strikes, we usually practice by hitting the chest plkate so that it doesnt hurt the person. I hadnt been hitting very hard and he was telling me to be stronger, and on my next one, i hit really hard and my hand hit the chest plate and slid right into his throat. He was coughing and teying to tell me it was the best throat stike he had ever seen me do. IT was kinda funny, luckily he is good tempered and wasnt mad!!! :P