• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Helpie, Can't remember URL of custom sai maker

BUslady

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry it got stuck and did not want to submit,then all of a sudden it submitted three times.I have had the opportunity to compare both sai,the Agena sai are definitely very nice,I would recommend attending a function where they are being diplayed ,to feel them for yourself.He makes more than one model,I thought the thicker ones were a little heavy,my personal oppinion. I use Shureido sai I have both the newer three peice design and the old style two peice I prefer the latter. But I would love to have a set of Agena sai someday.

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

The agena sai were weighted a bit heavy, perhaps more for energy transfer (as the name implies) for different techniques. I simply prefer lighter sai for quicker manipulation. All the same, as harleyt26 mentioned that he will do, I might buy one down the line, anyway.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

My sensie has an original pair of Agena sai's. They are a little heavy, but the balance is supurb. They feel uniquely solid and combat ready. I found them extreemly easy to manipulate as the balanced weight moved readily. When using them there is also a real feeling of heritage. Of course I haven't seen any of these new sai's made by the guy who was taught by the original maker, but they seem identical from the pictures. If they are, then I have to say they would be the best sai's you could possibly buy. Even better then Shureido's, and I don't say that lightly.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had an opportunity to handle some of the agena sai again. I'll probably ask to play around with them for about half an hour before I make the decision to buy some of my own.

That being said, does anyone know of any significant differences between the carbon steel and the stainless steel versions?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/