• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tkd for fanciness?!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think that most of the "popular" or "main stream" MAs in the US are McDojos. I know there are some dojos within those systems that are not, but on average I'd say they are. It has been my experience that there is a big difference in the level of intensity and focus in the training from overseas and in the US.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

But isn't that the American way of life? Instant coffee in a microwave oven still isn't fast enough. But there are those who still prefer to grind their own coffee beans.

That seems like a ridiculous metaphor now that I've written it.

But I think the main point is true. The Frame of Mind of most Americans is "How can I do this faster?" along with "How can I make more money?"

Hence, the McDojo was born.

But, within any style, and it may take some searching, but I think you will find instructors with dedication to the art that they teach. They may be getting more rare, but they are there if you look hard enough.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

But isn't that the American way of life? Instant coffee in a microwave oven still isn't fast enough. But there are those who still prefer to grind their own coffee beans.

Yeah, but can get to overlooking things that in some instances, quality takes time

That seems like a ridiculous metaphor now that I've written it.

But I think the main point is true. The Frame of Mind of most Americans is "How can I do this faster?" along with "How can I make more money?"

Hence, the McDojo was born.

Yes, the term "sell-out". Perhaps why Americans get "beat" with Euro and Japanese products

But, within any style, and it may take some searching, but I think you will find instructors with dedication to the art that they teach. They may be getting more rare, but they are there if you look hard enough.

Because people want to get in the martial art teaching business instead of the business of teaching martial arts

Because people want to get in the martial art teaching business instead of the business of teaching martial arts

Nicely said.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.