Boards Broken?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man I havent broken many boards but if you get a chance to look at the tigers a school from korean they kick apples off of knives its insane they also can do a flying sidekick over like 8 people and hitting a board at the end of it

"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live." - Sir Thomas Brown

I bring the pain hope you can take it-Cash Monroe

Thruhiker wrote:

We are tree hugger people on this site. It's a shame you have abused a tree in such a way.

:lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

That has got to be my all time favorite reply I've ever seen. Even better than my own snappy, witty replies. :P

The three I think would (no pun intended (wood)) apply here are:

1. Four boards using a technique where you jump and execute double vertical punches and double front kicks, striking all the boards at the same time. I broke all 4 on my first attempt.

2. Six boards with a knife hand chop. The boards were suspended across two cynder blocks, so this was a downward chop.

3. Five boards with a down punch. The boards were suspended across two cynder blocks, thus the 'downward' description. My knuckles have never been the same since.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Kicking apples off knives. I wonder if the knives are sharp. I wonder how many, doing the practice, had cut themselves?

We have an 18 year old that started doing that when he was 16. He wears those light weight martial arts shoes when he performs the kick. He does a 360 flying roundhouse kick, hitting the apple at about eight feet up.

Here's photo of him:

http://www.livaudaisnet.com/mafit/thanh01.jpg

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

3 boards ~ side kick

3 boards ~ axe kick

3 boards ~ flying side kick

3 boards ~ front kick

3 boards ~ double jumping front kick

It's part of my test to break boards. I usually practice with re-breakable ones, but I always try one real board before I test. Then I have to do two board breaks to get my next belt. One in front of my testing instructor and one in front of Grandmaster. There's no set-ups or practice runs when we do our actual break.

Kicking apples off knives. I wonder if the knives are sharp. I wonder how many, doing the practice, had cut themselves?

We have an 18 year old that started doing that when he was 16. He wears those light weight martial arts shoes when he performs the kick. He does a 360 flying roundhouse kick, hitting the apple at about eight feet up.

Here's photo of him:

http://www.livaudaisnet.com/mafit/thanh01.jpg

Nice, is the sword sharp?

Nice, is the sword sharp?

There is an edge on the sword, I don't know if you could shave with it or not. :-?

It comes to a point that the apple is stuck to. The point isn't driven all the way through, just to the core. I think the object is to hit the apple from the core outward, not the part with the blade in it. Either that, or it's the angle of the strike that keeps the foot from hitting the blade on onlt the apple. I'll ask him Monday when I see him.

Yeah, I think the blade is for dramatization. I rather see the kick done without the blade. I saw on the TV show "Real TV", or "Caught on Tape", where as a guy was doing close to the same demo with a sword and cut off his big toe!

The blade doesn't impress me, for I will cringe and boo (metaphorically-not to the injured) if the demonstrator got injured.

However, the kick is nicely performed and perhaps the apple "dangling" on a rope or cord would do.

And, how was your "Ivan"?

However, the kick is nicely performed and perhaps the apple "dangling" on a rope or cord would do.

How about a William Tell version and put the apple on top of someone's head? :o

And, how was your "Ivan"?

What Ivan? :lol: