• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help a karate student for grappling purposes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

although there is no substitue for a partner, you can learn wrestling moves by yourself. wrestling moves are generally very basic and easy to learn, unlike jujitsu or judo takedowns.

I think it would be very difficult to learn wrestling takedowns easily. The advantage I like about wrestling as compared to my knowledge of Judo and BJJ is the fluidity of wrestling takedowns. I think this had more to do with my coach than anything but he had us trained to fluidly move to another chain of moves from any position if one didn't work.

Of course I have over two times as much experience in wrestling than the other two combined and I'm a former state champion wrestler, so I'm a bit biased. I just wish there were adult wrestling classes, but I do like intergrating the above three. I just really need to get more BJJ experience first.

Actually, I think wrestling takedowns are more efficient for taking a person down than those of Judo and BJJ. I use wrestling takedowns often, slightly modified to avoid the guard.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

something that you can practice on your own, while not a "strengthening exercise" is shooting in. developing speed while you shoot in will greatly help. remember, most throws are built on the principles of physics and disrupting someones balance to gain control, rather than pure strength. different throws have different shooting in techniques, so you can practice those.

find a poll and a rope and start practicing throws pretending that the rope is your grip and the pole is the person's legs.

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown