• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Belt Test today! Wish me luck!

Well, soon I will go stand up in front of 100+ people and do my stuff. Chung-Ji, 6 walking drills and possibly some 1 step sparring. I SHOULD come home with my Sr White belt, and my wife is testing for her Yellow. I'm confident in my technique, just nervous about the 100+ people part. (always had a problem with doing anything in front of a group). Hopefully, it gets easier on that part in future tests.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Remember that your doing the est for yourself,not to entertain the 100+ people.Just focus on the mat you stand on and just pretend as if they are not there.Your shyness will eventually go away after a couple of tests.

btw congrats to you and your wife.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

good luck bro, i still remember having to get up and do that form, wasn't in front of 100+ ppl, but i was still nervous as hell. only recommendations i can give ya is complete and absolute focus on your form, and if you spar (we didn't spar till we were doing Do San;green belt i believe) try your best to tune out the audience, i remember getting really edgy when i'd hear the audience "ooh" and "aah". and i know "pretending ppl aren't there" is alot easier said than done, but during the stretching, just try and focus on your breathing and remember that you aren't the really the center of attention, there are several others there testing, usually the focus/pressure is on the higher ranks cuz some ppl expect the impossible out of them. hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't, GOOD LUCK!!!

1st Dan CTF Taekwondo

Shodan Tomiki Ryu Aikido

Well, testing done and wife and I both did well. Funny thing is, I was only nervous right before and then after my techniques. Once I started the pattern, it was like everyone else disappeared. Lucky for me, MOST of the people left before adult testing started. Kids were first so they and all their parents were outta there. I can see that it will get easier the next few times. Maybe all of this will help beat my 20 years of stage fright! :)

Thanks for the comments.

good job bro, glad to hear your test went well, just think, 1 down, like 20+ to go. ooh, some advice i wish i had received, when you finally test for black belt, you may get real nervous (i sure as hell did) and with the pressure, you may tend to forget things, so as you learn new one steps and such, be sure to practice them every so often so that they will be second nature to you. when i tested, i really worked on my one steps about a week prior to testing, i got real nervous and forgot half of em, so i wound up having to make em up on the spot, but it was unnecessary stress. just another 2 cents, congrats and good luck on the rest of your TKD career

1st Dan CTF Taekwondo

Shodan Tomiki Ryu Aikido