• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate 1, muggers 0

Heh, a nice story...though if it is fully true the guy could use a good beating for humility's sake. Methinks it's better if the opponont doesn't know you're a martial artist...and a throat kick? Hell it sounds fun by all accounts, but didn't he think of the risk (IF it did happen)?

Didn't he think for one second...hey, this is Fiji, six muggers...isn't it possible that one has a gun pointed at me?

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JeetDuneDo,

If I don´t think there would have been six of them if there were guns involved. Anyway, where I live the armed muggers go around usually in 2´s.

But I do see your point. You will never know there could be nasty surprises in any such incidents.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Heh, as far as criminals go, aren't they unpredictable? I'm just thinking some situations are just better to avoid, as bullets can't be parried, heh...

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Agreed. Don´t argue with guns and when you are in high risk areas don´t carry too much money with you so that you will not have the motive to argue with guns.

However, there are times that unarmmed criminals will try and use the fear factor as a weapon. If the occassion is such, then my advice would be to take them on if one believes one has the ability to do so, and show no mercy.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Agreed. Don´t argue with guns and when you are in high risk areas don´t carry too much money with you so that you will not have the motive to argue with guns.

However, there are times that unarmmed criminals will try and use the fear factor as a weapon. If the occassion is such, then my advice would be to take them on if one believes one has the ability to do so, and show no mercy.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Yes, I agree on the first.

Never known it to happen in my rough part of town on the "second"

47MartialMan,

I think it has to do with the city/country/culture where one lives.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

47MartialMan,

I think it has to do with the city/country/culture where one lives.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Yes, thats what I was saying:

Never known it to happen in my rough part of town on the "second"

Not to say it doesn't happen anywhere else.

I was just making a statement. Not an arguement. Soory for the mis-conveyance.

47MartialMan,

I was just expanding on your point not arguing. :)

No misunderstandings here.

Wing Chun Kuen Man :karate: