• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pai Mei - Kill Bill Vollume 2

Yeah he's tight I love the flipping of the beard.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bei Mei, or Baahk Meih, "White Eyebrow" is a martial art named after a Martial Artist whom had white eyebrows.

How much is true, is speculative.

The art continues.

If I am not mistaken:

He was originally a student of northern Shaolin, but later took refuge in the Weuh Meih mountains where he lived as a hermit and blended Daoist kung fu with his version of the north. This style incorporates the characteristics of five animals and is designed to penetrate vulnerable pressure points.

Legend (Five Elders) has it that he became a traitor, but practitioners of the art claim that he was a "scapegoat".

I'm going to try to grow facial hair like his so that I can gain more students in the dojo

Just Kidding

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

I trhought he was the best part of the whole movie. The second Kill Bill seemed to drag on in spots, but the whole part with pai mei was pretty cool. :karate:

Love the eye brows. I'm done plucking... grow, eye brows, grow........

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

i read an article on this the other day. Here's the abbreviated version:

pak mei was a shaolin monk in the 1600's when the manchurians (or the 'ching') took power in china. these were rebellious times and the shaolin temple assisted in a rebellion against the ching.

However, a monk was dismissed from the temple for breaking a sacred lamp. He betrayed the temple and led the manchurian forces to its destruction. 18 monks survived. Of these, 13 were hunted down and killed. The remaining 5 fled to a taoist temple to the north, where they developed a new system of kung fu.

The monks challenged each other and it was found that, of all, pak mei was the most skilled. he was sent, with a small group of students, to spy on the ching royal palace. The group was captured. In order to save his students from torture and death, pak mei was forced to join the manchurians. He taught them his new style and led the army to the secret location of his comrades. All were killed and the temple once again was destroyed. pak mei was set free and spent his days teaching kung fu and taoism.

word spread of his betrayal and his form became known as the forbidden style. he reputedly lived to over 100 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

Legends are developed from tales told and re-told.

However, a legend may prove a somewhat existence (for the simple fact of the subject), but the story or tale, in whole, leave much to question and debate.

Raconteurs were entertainers and it was a art back then.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah especially when he dodges every attack black mamba threw at him... and when afterwards he always threw beard back over his shoulder. :P

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...