• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pai Mei - Kill Bill Vollume 2

Is Pai Mei merely a fictional character or is his character based upon an actual individual? Also, what style of Martial Arts was he teaching "The Bride"? I think when Bill was talking to her he made mention of Pai Mei defeating the Shaolin Monks but I don't remember a mention of Pai Mei's style of martial arts. Is this unknown and completely fictional?

free your mind

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pei Mei is just a fictional character created for the movie.There are no bio's of him except for the guy who played the role.

The style he was teaching Biatrix was kung fu..more specifically,it looked more like some kind of crane style since his arm was always in the crane position..im not to sure..

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

Not really sure about the Pai Mei character. I think Pak Mei (White Eyebrow) is another spelling & that is a legit style. Gordon Liu is a Hung-Ga stylist. He's been a bunch of the old school kung fu films. Crane is one of the 5 animals in Hung-Ga - tiger/crane is the most popular form in the Hung-Ga system. I think the crane in Kill Bill2 is just movie kung fu.

actually, i think i read somewhere that there really is a pai mei, and that he's generally considered a traitor and portrayed as a villain in kung fu movies.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Pei Mei is just a fictional character created for the movie.

Actually the character of Pei Mei had been created years before Kill Bill was even an idea in Q&U's heads. According to the Special Features from the Kill Bill 2 DVD, Pei Mei was a villian used in a number of old kung fu movies.

Ironically, Gordon Liu starred in several of those shows, often as Pei Mei's adversary. He said it was a great opportunity to finally play in the role of his ancient enemy.

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

• 3 weeks later...

Real or Not real I dont know but he's cool to watch

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!