• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Early Karate techniques

jestercheck

Self-promotion was not meaned in sense of a rank promotion. It was meaned in a sense of self-advertisement. (It doesn't seem that Master Jules did understand my words wrong - I just want to avoid misunderstanding in a general sense).

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record Jussi.....I fully understood your meaning of self promotion. BTW....your english is great. I didnt realize it was spoken as much in Finland as in Sweden or Norway, and on a side note, having been to your part of the world, let me just say that it is absolutely beautiful over there. My gf is Swedish, and we hope to get there for a vacation sometime soon. She has relatives in Stockholm, which is also where my ex-gf goes to college.....should be an interesting trip......maybe we will have a chance for that coffee or beer after all. :D

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

BTW....your english is great. I didnt realize it was spoken as much in Finland as in Sweden or Norway

Thank you - and yes, English is spoken a lot in Finland. Pretty much everyone under 40 years of age is pretty fluent in it (and at least will understand basic things, such as asking for directions etc...). Actually, Finnish language is deteriorating a bit because of the effect of English. Youth considers that it's "cool" to use English and English grammar with Finnish - or just don't care about it.

My gf is Swedish, and we hope to get there for a vacation sometime soon. She has relatives in Stockholm, which is also where my ex-gf goes to college.....should be an interesting trip......maybe we will have a chance for that coffee or beer after all. :D

That sounds great - let me know when you're in our corners. I am only a ferry trip away from Stockholm (and my gf has relatives there), so some kind of get-together would most probably be very well arrangeable.

Both coffee and beer will do, as long as it's not Swedish beer. They have some great things there (cars etc...), but they miserably have failed when trying to brew a decent beer. Well, Finns aren't much better in that area, either. :D

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Very true about the Swedish beer......but the Vodka on the other hand........heeeeellllllo ! ( just watch out for my gf....she turns into the devil herself ! ).....being a Viking....she'll probably beat the snot out of both of us. :P :lol: Actually.....I was supposed to take the ferry ride over in February when I was there...but truth be told.....I got hammered drunk the night before. LOL

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"