Whats your favourite stance , Why?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but this is an incomplete question.

There is no best stance in general because each stance is designed for a different situation.

I really doubt if you would like your cat stance if you in a position that wouldnt allow you to use it.

Now if you said what stance do you think looks the coolest when you are taking pictures...

or what stance do you like best for such and such situation then maybe you have a point.

Its like saying what kind of dirt is best?

without saying what you are wanting to do with it.

Hm...a lot of practice of course in zenkutsu-dachi and kokutsu-dachi, kiba, cat, and hangetsu. But I think the favourite one is tough to decide. Maybe Sochin, maybe teiji-dachi...

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

this all depends on what i am doing at a particular moment. that being said i try took keep square with my target most of the time unless in transition. imo all stances are important you never know when it will come up in a situation or some modification of them.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

My favorite stance comes from the mixed martial art kata called

kickbutt kata 1.

The stance is where you are standing over your attacker right after you knocked him out in the ready position. This is a very old technique that dates back 1000's of years. It takes alot of control and you learn to channel your energy inorder to keep from kicking the attacker in the head over and over.

Okay so I'm trying to be funny here I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Thanks

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Out of the few I have learned so far, I would have to say that I like the cat stance because it just looks beautiful, graceful, and controlled, and the horse stance because it is extremely stable and gives your legs a great workout.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

1. Mabu (horse) ! Bringing it back to the basics! Plus working on your mabu to gunbu transition while punching helps practice that hip rotation.

2. Cat stance. Just looks pretty!

3. Bear stance. Its what I use when doing juai chiao