• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats your favourite stance , Why?

that's odd... what systems were those?

A lot of Taditional Chinese Family systems do not have ranking.

One system that I had studied has ony 3 ranks (actually four if you count the highest honor)

Black-In darkness, no "seeing"

Green-Jade, having prosperity, "some sight"

White-In lightness, having "sight"

Yellow-Reserved for instructors, path of "sight"

Yeah, I know alot of chinese systems don't have ranking. What's odd to me is the system where white and yellow are the highest. What is it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "luring" stance, to which a lot of counter moves can be launched. The distance is the factor on how quickly the opponent comes in, thus the appropriate counter launched.

How fast he comes in... so you only do it from kicking range or so?

One system that I had studied has ony 3 ranks (actually four if you count the highest honor)

Yeah, I know alot of chinese systems don't have ranking. What's odd to me is the system where white and yellow are the highest. What is it?

A 125 year old (or a little more) "ga" Chinese system that you haven't heard of. They had only adapted this ranking system in the past 30 years. To practice, is by referal only.

A "luring" stance, to which a lot of counter moves can be launched. The distance is the factor on how quickly the opponent comes in, thus the appropriate counter launched.

How fast he comes in... so you only do it from kicking range or so?

No, any range. But the shorter the range, the lower the arsenal. And the shorter the range, the better the timing and speed is deemed neccesary.

In my teens, and against my instructor's wishes, (his wife convinced him to allow me to) I went to a tournament and participated. That stance, not to boast, was wiping out every challenger. But all good things must come to an end and I got disqualified for an improper technique during the finals.

One can not imagine the advantage of it. It has to be practiced diligently and it was grueling to do so.

A 125 year old (or a little more) "ga" Chinese system that you haven't heard of. They had only adapted this ranking system in the past 30 years. To practice, is by referal only.

okay - what's the name of it?

No, any range. But the shorter the range, the lower the arsenal. And the shorter the range, the better the timing and speed is deemed neccesary.

That's what I was hoping you wouldn't say... Is this stance akin to a scissors stance? If so, having your legs crossed at such a close distance will get you swept...