Whats your favourite stance , Why?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ranking system is based on your number of posts......as far as real life....some of us are...and some arent....but we all have a passion for the arts....that is what we all share in common, and that is why we are all here.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

i don't have any belt in any system.

i've asked patrick to keep me permantly on white but he said he doesn't want to mess with the posting/belt thing....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Yeah, and no.

Black belt in a couple of systems. No such rank in another couple. White belt, whgich is a high (somewhat like a black belt) in another. The later, a Yellow being the highest per Chinese decor. The white symbolized much knowledge atauned. Somewhat like emerging from dark (the black was beginer/no seeing) to light (white-all seeing).

I like the JKD fighting stance in limitted sparring - but i find that for me, i don't know about anybody else, that it limits my ability to use elbows and knees, and to grapple and lock when nthey came in close... for instance. My mate Chris and i were sparring. He is a natural fighter and has very little martial arts skills... I started off in a jkd stance and kept him away with kicks and fast leading hand strikes - but i couldn't attack efficiently...

I've never experienced that... in what way did it limit you? why don't you think you could attack efficiently?

that's odd... what systems were those?

A lot of Taditional Chinese Family systems do not have ranking.

One system that I had studied has ony 3 ranks (actually four if you count the highest honor)

Black-In darkness, no "seeing"

Green-Jade, having prosperity, "some sight"

White-In lightness, having "sight"

Yellow-Reserved for instructors, path of "sight"

In speaking of sparring, I will use a "cross-leg stance". I was speaking of defense stance earlier

at what distance?

A "luring" stance, to which a lot of counter moves can be launched. The distance is the factor on how quickly the opponent comes in, thus the appropriate counter launched.