• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play basketball in a horse stace???

In class or I guess I should say in kata I love the Sochin stance. As far as free style sparring goes Im just natural no real stance just moving. Yes I like the cat to excape and I find myseld shifting from back to cat a lot.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I agree with sevenstar here. Stances have become far to formalized in a lot of martial arts styles. Stances were never meant to be too deep to move effectively out of. Stances were also not meant to be held after executing a single technique. I think this mentality comes from a fundmental misunderstanding of kata. Again, just my 2 cents.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

In class or I guess I should say in kata I love the Sochin stance.

I agree, I like that stance too. IMO we don't use Sochin stance (rooted stance) enough

However, my 'favourite' stance is the one that I need at that particular minute and which will suit me the best at that time.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Your right that we use stances all the time and really don't pay it much mind because we have done them for years on end it has became second nature that I find myself doint stances and shifting from A to B without thinking Im in this stance or that one.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."