• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best brand of sparring gear?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I can't say since there are lots of them and we all are accustomed with a certain brand. I like Kamikaze. Don't know if it's the best .. don't care. I'd like to be "exposed" to other brands but that's what I find in my country. There are some "no name"s from Romania. Kinda crappy, so Kamikaze is quite good comparing to them :D

My personal faves are Century, Blitz, Firepower, Meijin and Top Ten. I've also had gloves from Pro Force, but they split after a very short length of time.

I've tried Adidas gear, but I'm not a fan, although I know of people who swear by Adidas MA equipment and won't use anything else.

People like different brands - it's hard to say which is the 'best'. If you can, try out a few brands and see which you prefer, or find people in your club who have different brands of sparring gear and ask them which they prefer.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I like Macho. They even have gloves and footpads with extra padding now over the contact points. Also I have heard good things about the shinguards from Tigear. Supposedly you can take a baseball bat to the shin with em on. I know Black Belt magazine did a review of them and they kicked the corner of a metal filing cabinet with little trouble.

Long Live the Fighters!

• 4 weeks later...

Definately Century and Macho :karate:

.: No matter what happens you must have faith in yourself, or no one else will ever have faith in you. If you have the desire, you can do anything :. (A quote from my sensei)