• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tira Sensei ?

kotegashiNeo

This guy is a legend in okinawa so much so that people line up out side his dojo just to get a glimpse of his incredible oyo. I am getting the chance to train with him and I am wondering has anyone here ever heard of him or trained with him. He trains Jundokan Goju ryu in Okinawa but is going to be in Arizona Thanksgiving weekend

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry, I've not heard of him before.

However, I hope you enjoy the training sessions with him! Don't forget to share any useful tips... :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Of course...I am a complete idiot as the one who I was thinking of (or rather not thinking of) is long dead...

Can you tell me about Jundokan? Anything (background, some "style traits", etc.) is welcome...I don't know much about it.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

This is the dojo kun from the Jundokan:

Be mindful of your courtesy with humbleness

Train yourself considering physical strength

Study and contrive seriously

Be calm in mind and swift in action

Take care of yourself

Live a plain and simple life

Do not be too proud of yourself

Continue training with patience and steadiness

(Translated by Tetsunosuke Yasuda Sensei)

The Jundokan was formed by Eichi Miyazato with the purpose of keeping the kata of Goju ryu intact and unchanged.The kata of the Jundokan is devoid of any flash whatsoever as they maintain the pracitcallity and simple deadliness of the art. Sanchin is of primary importence as every class begins and ends with this kata. Perserving the old trainning methods is very important as well, Hojo undo (conditioning with implements) is still how karateka workout at the Hombu dojo in Okinawa.

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

kotegashiNeo,

What about their sparring/fighting training. Is it full contact, semi-contact etc. ? With protective equipment or without?

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?