• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Instructor Present

She could have a picture taken with her new rank on with her instructor and have it framed for the instructor. It's a nice gesture and has sentimental value for both people.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole idea of buying a gift after a test is a little bit unusual.

Yes, could it be trying to get "points"

Just messin.....

I gave my instructors "gifts"...but it wasn't after a belt test.

Its ALL good!!! :) :wink: :karate:

OK :)

Perhaps a better gesture could be to get something nice for the dojo. That way, it is a contribution to the school and not directly to the instructor.

R. McLain

Hmm, good idea. Thanks, I'll mention it to my friend. I'm sure that she'll go for that, especially as it would be to benefit the club.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I think a good point will be not to give a gift after a belt test

Maybe, maybe not... but it's not my decision.

She wants to give our instructor a prezzie, it's not up to me to stop here - just to try and come up with suggestions of apropriate gifts.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Perhaps a better gesture could be to get something nice for the dojo. That way, it is a contribution to the school and not directly to the instructor.

R. McLain

This is a very good suggestion :brow:

I know that when I received my Nidan rank, my Grandmaster presented all that passed their test a blade of some sort. Mine was a wakasashi :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia