• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Different Karate Styles...

Sphintai

I am very interested in Karate, but am unaware of the comparative Karate Styles. I was wondering, if someone could be a help and list some of the more common, bigger styles and forms of Karate and what they incorporate over the others. Thanks for your time, remember, always have a nice day and carry the arts with you always.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interested in Karate, but am unaware of the comparative Karate Styles. I was wondering, if someone could be a help and list some of the more common, bigger styles and forms of Karate and what they incorporate over the others. Thanks for your time, remember, always have a nice day and carry the arts with you always.

Just to give you some idea of the magnitude of the question you're asking, let me change the wording a bit to maybe get it into perspective.

I am very interested in Cars, but am unaware of the comparative Car Styles. I was wondering, if someone could be a help and list some of the more common models of Cars and what they incorporate over the others.

When you take into account Japanese, Korean, American, French, Swedish, etc "cars", there are so many factors involved. They all have things in common, but also many things that make them unique, as do the various big karate systems. Does that make sense? You're asking a very general and broad question which really is going to be difficult for anybody to answer.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I just give you some names to start your searching.

for original Okinawa karate look for

1-Naha te,GoJu ryu , sensei Kanryo Higaonna, sensei Miyagi

2-Shuri te,Shorin ryu , Sokon matsumura,sensei kyan, sensei itosu,sensei sensei funakoshi,sensei Motobu

it's just so vast that I don't wanna get into Japanese . styles of karate. I would say study some then come back with a more specific question.

The big four:

Shito Ryu (Mabuni Sensei)

Wado Ryu (Forget the founder of Wado)

Goju Ryu (Miyagi Sensei)

Shotokan (Funakoshi Sensei)

Shito Ryu is the only style that includes kata from shuri te, naha te and tomari te. Shito ryu has over 40 kata.

here is a link to the old FAQ on the usenet

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/faq/alt.martial-arts.karate.html

scroll to the bottum and and you will get a decent overview

type of answer to your question.

here are some of the major styles of today.

kyokushinkai

shotokan

wado-ryu

shotokai

matsubayashi-ryu

isshin-ryu

shito-ryu

goju-ryu

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"