• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How important is speed to you?

well I would perfere to me that speed it would come first say if you were slow then how could you do all the moves that might require a few seconds but if your fast and good it could be done faster then if you werent fast you would probably get a bad beating :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Apart from technique I believe they are all as important as each other, there is no point being super fast if you have absolutely no power, or being so powerful yet can not land a single blow because you are so slow.

However I do also think people should play to their strengths, and if you are more fast take advantage of that and if you are more powerful take advantage of that...

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

O.k., I'm going to have to break out speed into two types.

The speed we focus on is the velocity of out striking point (hand, knee, elbow, etc). We develop velocity after good technique has been achieved. As physics teaches, force is directly related to velocity, as velocity increases so does force. (see physics thread)

The speed it looks like your referring to is repeat striking speed. I know some kung fu styles work on multiple hand striking in the blink of an eye, but in the KSW, we train in a full draw back of our hand, which makes it impossible to "flicker" punch like some styles do.

[ This Message was edited by: KSN Doug on 2001-12-19 07:38 ]

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

i try to make a balance of speed and power for myself......both are important but 1 shouldnt be put over the other

the only thing i put above speed and power is technique because when you got the technique down pat then you can do it faster and naturally with speed comes power in most cases

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

I'm a kind guy belive it or not. I dont' like to hurt the person that wants to hurt me. I doge all attacks.

Like I said before on my other post, I tault my friends in boxing wiht my speed, its so funny casue I tell them i promise i won't punch back and they jsut keep missing. :lol:

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

Being slow speed is very important to me.

Every so often I get out the candle and work on punching out the flame. Sorry no count on punches per second here. I feel good when I can punch out the flame (with a face mask on to prevent simply blowing it out) consistently.