• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question about Dans.

Coco

also, in the fight scene where "daniel -san" is up on one leg, and does the jump kick to win, he is actually in the white crane stance (again, very poorly done).....Goju Ryu decsends from White Crane.

I heard somewhere that the "crane kick" used in the Karate Kid movie was actually created specifically for the movie and was not derived from any actual karate move or stance. I could be wrong, or my source could be wrong, but I was fairly certain that at the time, that move was not a legitmate karate move because it had no practical application. I also heard from the same source (I think it might have been a special feature on the DVD, but I'll have to double check) that the move was created specifically to look cool and make for a climactic ending.

Wap

Yup I read that too. I also read that the kata used in KK3 was made up as well!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if the kata youre refering to was done in the beach scene....its actually part of Seyunchin that they are repeating again and again.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Actually, if the kata youre refering to was done in the beach scene....its actually part of Seyunchin that they are repeating again and again.

Lik I said I am just repeatin what I read. I can probably find you the link to the webpage if you want!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Lik I said I am just repeatin what I read. I can probably find you the link to the webpage if you want!

yeah, i like webpages...

gimmie gimmie gimmie

I know the kata....I teach the system.....The writter of the movie was a long time student of the Chi-I-Do organization.

I was several years ago for a short time. Around the time of my divorce, my life became so hectic that I had to leave. I did send all of my students to continue their training to Chi-I-Do.