• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ahhh? Focus on what??!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Soometimes I focus on just breathing in and out, sometimes nothing, sometimes a specific object. As you practice and try different techniques you will find what works best for you. And it may not be the same technique all the time.

There are a lot of ways to meditate. One is to try to clear your mind. Another is to contemplate one problem, or the meaning of a saying, while relaxing and clearing your mind of all other thoughts. You can focus on your body- either a particular part (like the tantien), or a particular function (breathing, internal energy) or a feeling. You can also focus on things like healing sounds and/or postures. Then you can focus on an external object. One excellent external focus exercise is to put a small white dot in the middle of a mirror, then focus on that dot until it is all you can see. Whatever method(s) you use, it will take time to develope your mind, and it is easy to get discouraged if you don't see results quickly. Hang with it, and you'll get better at it.

A good place to start gathering information is to research qigung (chi kung). There are a lot of books, videos, web sites, etc. But, like most things, it is best learned from a competent teacher.

Freedom isn't free!

• 2 weeks later...

Try this next time: Ask yourself a question, one you don't redily know the answer to. When i started in meditation i was told to ask myself the question "Who am I?"

Then observe what happens...If your mind is anything like mine then your brain starts to try to define who you are, thats ok. But its not the point, your not suppost to answer the question, just to observe.

Now, ask again...just after you ask the question, and before your brain kicks in to try and answer, there is a pause, a nothing, a vastness, if only for a second there was a moment when you where just being aware, not asking and not answering.

My exercise in meditaion is to try to elongate that moment, that awareness, streeetch it out so that threw time maybea i can simply be aware for maybea 2 min, 5 min, 5 years...

Everyone meditates for different reasons, and there are many things to focas on, this is working for me.

Keep it up!!

It breeds great perfection if the practice be harder then the use.

Learn by teaching