• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Me with nunchaku

Python

hey. sorry for the late reply...

anyway...id like to let you all know that i dont want to be some professional martial arts guy who trains daily and is able to use everything perfectly.

All i want to do is have a hobby. Im not very serous about it and neer plan to be. My plan is to just practise in my spare time and give me something to do.

I dont plan on ever fighting anyone with them. If someone approached me and started a fight i would most probably throw them away and either fight him properly or try and settle it another way.

So if you understand what im saying - I do it because I like it and it gives me something to do. Its just fun and I will carry on practising slowly until I get bored with it. Im not going to join any classes simply because I live in wales and i cant find any plus classes mean dedication and intense training - not my type of thing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey. sorry for the late reply...

anyway...id like to let you all know that i dont want to be some professional martial arts guy who trains daily and is able to use everything perfectly.

All i want to do is have a hobby. Im not very serous about it and neer plan to be. My plan is to just practise in my spare time and give me something to do.

I dont plan on ever fighting anyone with them. If someone approached me and started a fight i would most probably throw them away and either fight him properly or try and settle it another way.

So if you understand what im saying - I do it because I like it and it gives me something to do. Its just fun and I will carry on practising slowly until I get bored with it. Im not going to join any classes simply because I live in wales and i cant find any plus classes mean dedication and intense training - not my type of thing.

In that case Python...I'd say go for it and have fun!!! :)

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Shorinryu Sensei:

Thanks. I'm rather opinionated sometimes, which isn't always to people's liking. But I speak what I feel, and say what I feel is correct from my point of view. Some like it, some don't...makes little differance to me.

that is remarkably similar to how I feel about things :o

Shorinryu Sensei:

Well, I don't know exactly how far in the whole scheme of things I've gone yet on this path, or how much farther there is to go...but I do know that no matter how hard I train, or how much I learn...it's never enough to say that "I'm finished" and know it all.

I feel the same with my studies of computers, I'll NEVER run out of stuff to learn :D !!!

I would imagine that if you searched Google (I LOVE GOOGLE!) you'd find lots of information about those other systems.

Us DMA's love google too (Never heard of the Digital Martial Arts? you have now :D )

Oh yeah, Python, I improvised flashy techniques for around seven years, eventually it gets boring.. Thats about the time I decided to start learning how to beat stuff with them ;)

well i know some basic atacks. i bought a book about nunchaku and have been studying it and practising its contents.

its got things like how to do basic atacks and manouvers. then it goes on to how to disarm a person when their holding a knife - which i can happily do since my step brother lets me practice on him

Provided that you are practicing correctly....and how can a book, other than another person, actually "see" and point out this?

Python, I understand why you have this opinion.

Perhaps, its your youthful exuberance that may have you this way. Use that same curiousity, that same youthful exuberance, and take up many classes. Then, judge if it is not to your liking. :)

dedicated to ww