• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For Christians, most will "completely" dismiss its existence.

I don't "completely" dismiss it

Yeah, I am just saying that for Chi/Ki, has a lot of controversy with believers and non-believers, same "analogy" as religion/God.

I do not state that either does not exist.

But the subject is Chi/Ki and I have to debate it.

I respect any/all other opnions on it.

Sometimes, I debate using the "devils advocate" or reverse pshycology.

I must emphasize, as I always try:

I have not "closed-the-book" on Chi/Ki

I respect other opnions and try not to personally "bash" them or their authors. :karate:

Have a great dane day :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree wholeheartedly on the argument that chi/ki falls into the same category as God, Buddha, etc. One is argued to have a tangible, potentially measureable effect, while the other is faith based and immeasureable.

The problem here is, we hear about 'personal' experiences of such things, but these so-called impressive displays of ki actually never present themselves when scientists are around to try and measure them. So... what are we to believe? That ki only works when nobody is around to measure the effects?

Sort of like... when a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make any noise?

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

All of this talk fo ki reminds me of something I witnessed as a kid.

A christian man I was working for had a man start to attack him and he rebuked him. The man fell over in pain. Was the damndest thing I'd seen.

I had a new respect for the guy, but still didn't buy into Jesus.

Maybe Ki and faith are interchangeable.

You mean like underwears? :P

Rebuking with the "word of God" very likely would not have had any impact on the assailant if he wasn't devoutly religious himself. Again, we bump into the confusion that arises when discussing 'head games' (external) vs 'mind games' (internal).

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

You mean like underwears? :P

Rebuking with the "word of God" very likely would not have had any impact on the assailant if he wasn't devoutly religious himself. Again, we bump into the confusion that arises when discussing 'head games' (external) vs 'mind games' (internal).

Interesting.....(except I dont want to "touch" that underwear thing)

i havent seen any proof of ki. i used to think it was real when i was younger because i saw it on animes like dbz and street fighter. there are alot of crazy people on the web who think they can fly make ki balls and even do a kamehameha. alot of them even say they are "masters". these kind of people need help because their is no magic energy to gain martial art ability.

"Practice is the mother of all skill!"

- Mr. Barnum

I believe in focusing energy into one spot or thing to achieve inhuman accomplishments and I believe that the focused energy is focused ki.so for me ki=energy.

Be everything. Be nothing.