• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Master Jules, as there is no muscle to tense at the front of the throat I am curious to know what your punch felt like when it landed, did it collapse the trachea and the larynx with no effect, or did they somehow resist. As you would know when the concrete blocks do not break, your hand usually does....was it like that? or did the throat somehow cushion the blow?

aside from my hitting him, he hit me.....it wasnt a hit....it was a tap......I give you my word as a gentleman......I was frozen in place, felt very sick (nauseaus), literally turned green, and almost threw up.......I had to sit down for a little while, then, after he did some other type of point work on me, I performed sanchin kata 3 times, and felt much better.......If you told me this story....I would have a hard time believing you......but, having experienced it first hand......I know it to be true

There's a difference betweeen PPs and ki. I know that PPs work, I've used them and had them used on me, I don't know for definite there is such a thing as ki.

Let's not get stuff such as PPs, meridians, 5 element theory and Ki mixed up!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Markusan......it was an interesting feeling....I will say that.....it was as if I hit a kind of "cushioned" pocket.......I cant really explain it in words......You are quite wrong, however, about muscle groups in that area.....I suggest you look at an atlas of anatomy.....there are several muscles in that area......see for yourself.....

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

PS......if youd like....Id be more than happy to list those muscles for you.....

1. sternohyoid (dead center)

2. sternocleidomastoid

3. omohyoid

4. triangle of neck

5. levator menti

For reference....Barron's Atlas of Anatomy 1997

Angela.....I am fully aware of the difference s of which you speak.......PP's are affected in different ways.....strike, press, or rub......depends on the nerve structure of the area......chi strikes are different......MUCH different......its the ability to send your chi out of your body and into your opponent at specific areas of the body along meridian lines which corrospond to internal organs....both work.....but a chi strike is a much higher level martial art.....anybody can be shown where a pressure point is, and learn how to press on that spot......it takes decades of training to be able to cultivate your chi to the point where you can perform a chi strike.

Yes it would.....however.....most martial artists of that caliber generally would find these types of tournaments "beneath" them, morally speaking....meaning...entering tournaments such as the UFC has nothing to do with the reason that they train.

Angela.....I am fully aware of the difference s of which you speak.......PP's are affected in different ways.....strike, press, or rub......depends on the nerve structure of the area......chi strikes are different......MUCH different......its the ability to send your chi out of your body and into your opponent at specific areas of the body along meridian lines which corrospond to internal organs....both work.....but a chi strike is a much higher level martial art.....anybody can be shown where a pressure point is, and learn how to press on that spot......it takes decades of training to be able to cultivate your chi to the point where you can perform a chi strike.

I know. It's just that you mentioned points while trying to prove that chi works, the two are mutually exclusive.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum