• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had some experiences with ki, including doing the FireWalk to build it up and a bit of chi gung. I have noticed my techniques are much more powerful after this but whether this is due to my relaxing and focusing a bit more or to the ki build up I am not sure. However, acupuncture seems to work and that is based on ki and the meridians. I do believe in ki, the 5 element theory and meridians somewhat but am highly cynical of people claiming they can do no touch KOs etc. On the other hand, I am keeping an open mind and am willing to be convinced; just get it to work on me!

Actually I'm halfway through an article which compares TCM ki to MWM bio-electromagnetism... it's interesting material!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

I think ki or chi is so highly debated because of the very concept of ki or chi. It really comes down to your definition of it.

While I don't believe it's possible for someone to simply stand in the middle of a room and "project" their ki in such a way that no one could touch them, I do believe that we all have a spirit that works in concert with our bodies. We are not just physical beings. We have attitudes, opinions, ideas, motivations, feelings, desires, etc, etc. These work in concert with our bodies.

Just as the body cannot function without the mind (to quote a cheesy matrix line), the mind cannot function without the body. To say that someone could stand in the middle of a room and protect themselves just by projecting "ki" is like saying that someone could have their brain removed but still be able to run a marathon. Doesn't work that way.

My sensei has always said that if you put two martial artists together and they are both equals as far as skill and physical ability, the victor will be decided by the one who has the greater "spirit" or will to win. I believe this is true and I think that most people would agree that being highly motivated can greatly assist in matters of physical ability. The person who wants it more will probably get it.

That's the way I look at chi or ki. I don't really believe in a mystical power inside each of us, but I do believe that there is much more to us than simply a physical body.

Just my thoughts...

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

Ki, or chi in chinese, is VERY real.....as I mentioned in an earlier thread, I have seen filmed demonstrations of this art, and I have personnaly experienced the effects of a chi strike......as well as chi being used to rehabilitate an injured area of the body. The art takes many years to cultivate, but IS REAL. Im not going to repeat the answer I gave before, as it was a VERY long one, so look it up....I believe the thread was called "Chi".

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Yeah, I've seen film and LIVE demos. Assisted in demos. Performed some demos.Trained with supposed Masters. Felt "certain" strikes. I have seen, been taught, and found Chi Kung or other Demos to be fake or staged. Learning that I was able to get a commoner, with no training to do the same. As I seen each demo, I suggested Chi demonstrators upon bringing in my own material to which was always replied “NO”. Seems they were concerned with getting injured which was to prove by using Chi, they could not. Strange? It is just the subconscious mind. Mind over matter, adrenaline rushes, and some staged parlor tricks. I used to be in entertainment, I did Magic Shows. I am in a Magicians Guild. A close relative is a newspaper journalist and helped me researched amazing feats of human abilties supported by modern medicine as adrealine and extraordinary mental anxiety. I am not convinced but I am STILL researching the subject. I haven't totally "closed the book on it". :karate: :)

I can break 2 or 3 concrete slabs without spacers.....thats a pretty strong punch, as well as palm strike.....in working with a chi master, I delivered full force blows to his throat, and groin, and had no effect on him....chi is real.

I can break 2 or 3 concrete slabs without spacers.....thats a pretty strong punch, as well as palm strike.....in working with a chi master, I delivered full force blows to his throat, and groin, and had no effect on him....chi is real.

Let me DELIVER a blow.

Been there. Done that.

Chi Master went down.

Mind over matter with some body/physical conditioning.

How will it be used in a serious confrontation when you have to prep (psych).

It is about Physics, Psychology, and Para-Psychology.

Chi exsitence is almost as believing in ghosts or god.

I humbly disagree. Meaning no offense and dis-respect.

aside from my hitting him, he hit me.....it wasnt a hit....it was a tap......I give you my word as a gentleman......I was frozen in place, felt very sick (nauseaus), literally turned green, and almost threw up.......I had to sit down for a little while, then, after he did some other type of point work on me, I performed sanchin kata 3 times, and felt much better.......If you told me this story....I would have a hard time believing you......but, having experienced it first hand......I know it to be true