• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wonder which is more highly debated. The debate about the "existance of ki" or the debate about "which style is the best."

I think all the people who believe in ki should stand on my right. All the people who do not should stand on my left. I'll say "go" and you can duke it out.

Anyone who is left can move on to the round where we test out our styles:)

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 8 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha,

only after reading some of the posts in this thread,

but, me too.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

heat is generated in the human body due to entropy. (2nd law-thermodynamics.)

The more we manipulate energy, the faster it reverts to its crudest form = HEAT.

Hence, you work harder, your body consumes more chemical/kinetic energy than usual, and you emit more heat into the surroundings.

As for being sent flying and put unconcious form a single punch.

I dont have any explanation for that. Maybe the guy was real strong. :roll:

Qi may or may not be real; I suspect the question is more in the definition than anything else.

Fireballs, levitating, teleporting, and other such comic-book wizard type things which fiction writers come up with, however, are not.

If anyone thinks they can get a flicker of such abilities to happen with their chi, there's a million dollar prize for them at randi.org and..

..I have to admit that i'm a bit tired of alternately having to adjust my wording in class to teach people to direct their focus in efficient ways without being accused of being a death-touching fireball throwing delusional crackpot,

or,

having people get angry at me for daring to suggest that I, and thus they, can do a walkover without the aid of mysterious magical supernatural spells.

If there's someone who can ACTUALLY DO such things, they kind've owe the world to come forward; if not I would prefer to not have to hear more claims of such abilities as a serious possibility.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I dont doubt the occurance of Ki, Qi, Prana, Whatever you please to call it.

To me this is the energy that holds the universe in place.

I think its a bit silly to imagine-up sci-fi possible uses for ones ki. Kamehameha!

Ha, I recon 1 in every 10 people who start MA do it to gain some sort of 'higher' power.

The local aikido sensei, who has been invovled in the art for many, MANY years and has trained extensively in Japan, told me that the founder of the system (forgot his name right off hand) could literally stand in the middle of a room and project his ki in such a way that a person could literally not touch him. This is without him moving or dodging at all..just standing there.

I'm a skeptic myself, and would like someone make that claim to me, then let me take a practice swing at his head with a baseball bat and see if he moves...or I hit him in the noggin. If I can't, and his projected ki protects and deflects my blow, I'll be a believer on the spot! Until then...I don't believe in it. Or at least, not to the point that it is used to deflect blows without movement of your body.

I've heard similar stories. I agree that I'll have to see it to believe it. There also is a guy somewhere (forgot his name) that's already had an offer for a Million dollars to whomever can show him beyond the shadow of a doubt that they have some form of telekinetic power.....his offers been on the table for a few decades now.

"Question oneself, before you question others"

Google for Dr yan Xin. He as done tests at Harvard to prove chi is real. The findings are interesting. Dr Yan Xin changed the decay rate of a radioactive isotope with his chi in a harvard lab. The results are documented.