• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oh, and here's a 'religious' group that still believes the Earth is flat - http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

In fact, they argue it based on what is written in the Bible:

Johnson's beliefs are firmly grounded in the Bible. Many verses of the Old Testament imply that the earth is flat, but there's more to it than that. According to the New Testament, Jesus ascended up into heaven.

"The whole point of the Copernican theory is to get rid of Jesus by saying there is no up and no down," declares Johnson. "The spinning ball thing just makes the whole Bible a big joke."

Not the Bible but Johnson's own common sense allowed him to see through the globe myth while he was still in grade school. He contends that sensible people all over the world, not just Bible believers, realize that the earth really is flat.

"Wherever you find people with a great reservoir of common sense," he says, "they don't believe idiotic things such as the earth spinning around the sun. Reasonable, intelligent people have always recognized that the earth is flat."

And, for a little fun about the 'center of the universe,' we have this firm believer - http://www.geocities.com/davidjayjordan/Theearthisthecenter.html

I rest my case. :brow:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a detailed post...thanks for the info.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

np. I want to make it clear i wasn't trying to shut anyone down. I just feel we should discuss things reasonably, and thus my motivation to be informative.

If you, or anyone else, can pop out with some good scientific studies on ki, i would be more than interested in reading them.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

np. I want to make it clear i wasn't trying to shut anyone down. I just feel we should discuss things reasonably, and thus my motivation to be informative.

If you, or anyone else, can pop out with some good scientific studies on ki, i would be more than interested in reading them.

Hear Hear.....

Wow this is a long thread.

Well in my experiance Ki does exist. It is a technique just like a punch or a kick. And you develop it the same way you do a punch or a kick; through practice. In a kata if there is a certain technique that requires Ki and it is not shouted then the technique has not been completed, and the kata was performed wrong.

Shouted ?....I think you are refering to "Kiah"...spirit yell

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Xerxes,

I think you have ki confused with a 'kiah' shout, as Master Jules indicates. The ki being discussed here is not a shout, though a shout could certainly contain some 'ki'. I'm not an authority on ki at all, but I know what a kiah (sp?) is.

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."