• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm... I, personally, think "Ki" is simply the result of concentrating.

I don't believe you can use it in a battle, because, well.. your first couple of fights (at least), the last thing you're thinking about is harnessing your Ki energy.

Ki is debatable.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

The local aikido sensei, who has been invovled in the art for many, MANY years and has trained extensively in Japan, told me that the founder of the system (forgot his name right off hand) could literally stand in the middle of a room and project his ki in such a way that a person could literally not touch him. This is without him moving or dodging at all..just standing there.

I'm a skeptic myself, and would like someone make that claim to me, then let me take a practice swing at his head with a baseball bat and see if he moves...or I hit him in the noggin. If I can't, and his projected ki protects and deflects my blow, I'll be a believer on the spot! Until then...I don't believe in it. Or at least, not to the point that it is used to deflect blows without movement of your body.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Have you ever tried to do a block or punch without using the reaction hand? It is not gonna be very effective unless you concentrate on speed, start from soft and reach to hard at the point of contact, and most important using your abdomen muscles . if by experience you incorporate all of these to execute a technique I call it ki, it looks good and it’s powerful. For example from ready stance go to front stance ,high block, outside inside block, down block, you have the reaction hand for high block but not for outside inside block( I call this uchi-uke since it’s inward, you may call it soto-uke since it start from outside) and down block, if you do this quiet speedy and powerful then you have the ki for this combination. As far as storing ki today and using it tomorrow , pleeeeez .

I think Naihanchi shodan, Passai sho and dai is very useful for developing ki.

Every martial art practice kinetics, I guess. American Kenpo just tries to make the practicioner aware of its basic principles.

Even though "kinetics" has the word, "ki" in it, it doesn't have anything to do with Ki.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Uhm... I, personally, think "Ki" is simply the result of concentrating.

I don't believe you can use it in a battle, because, well.. your first couple of fights (at least), the last thing you're thinking about is harnessing your Ki energy.

Ki is debatable.

I keep saying the same thing

The local aikido sensei, who has been invovled in the art for many, MANY years and has trained extensively in Japan, told me that the founder of the system (forgot his name right off hand) could literally stand in the middle of a room and project his ki in such a way that a person could literally not touch him. This is without him moving or dodging at all..just standing there.

I'm a skeptic myself, and would like someone make that claim to me, then let me take a practice swing at his head with a baseball bat and see if he moves...or I hit him in the noggin. If I can't, and his projected ki protects and deflects my blow, I'll be a believer on the spot! Until then...I don't believe in it. Or at least, not to the point that it is used to deflect blows without movement of your body.

I'm a skeptic, so far I only say magician parlor tricks and people whom get hit or hit a nice presure sensitive(or nerve center) really fast and all for a result and all claim it to be KI/Chi.