• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you are from Nu Awlins.

So am I. Where is your school/instructor?

Is that a challenge? OK, step outside! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I attend, and am an instructor, at Moon College Tae Kwon Do in Metairie. See link on my webpage at http://www.livaudaisnet.com/mafit/mafit.htm

We do WTF style and are members of the USTU and AAU.

How about you?

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Ah yes, by the Sonic on Veterans?

...yep. That's what it is this month.

I haven't seen Master Moon for decades. How is he?

...retired in '97. Living in TX. Might be coming for the 5th dan promotions in December.

How is the wood on the floor?

...new floor put on top. The old dowls kept poping out.

Swing by and introduce yourself on Wed or Fri nights. I'm usually there (I teach at 5:30 on Fri and stay for "Fight Night" afterwards. Black Belt class is 7:45 Wed.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Thanks for the invite.

I am a Martial Artists from way back.

Traveling from school school, instructor to instructor.

I used to love seeing Master Moon doing those high, doubled legged kicks.

So are you from New Orleans or Metairie?

I go to a traditional TKD school and find it closly resembles Shotokan.

"Karate is like ballet, except there is no music, no choreography and the dancers get to hit each other."

Mandeville Karate Training Center

Mandeville, La

Joe Dupaquier

The quote on my signature is from him

"Karate is like ballet, except there is no music, no choreography and the dancers get to hit each other."

Talk about how TaeKwonDo has been changed and looked as a sport rather than an art. Also what is the meaning of TaeKwonDo to you?

sorry if im going off topic for you guys,but i just wanted to reply to The Ones comment.

Yeah its true TKD has turned more of a sport than martial art.Even my Master concitrates more on me and other students to be better fighters.He doesnt really care if you get the self defense moves right(grapples),and just wants us to be readie for tournements.See what the USA does to our art when its an olympic event?! :kaioken: haha jp jp

Yeah, I'm new here and this kinda makes me mad. TaeKwonDo is not a flashy fighting style. That is waht today made it do be. TaeKwonDo was made by General Choi Hung Hai in a japanese prison cell as a mixture of Karate and Taek Kyon. this was all but flashy, it was traditional and build on mental strength. My instructor, Shihon-dai, teaches this style...not todays. Little Dragon, not insulting you. But it's not all about training for tournament...it's building mental awareness, concentration and respect. Sorry if this was harsh, not meant to be.

Honors to general Choi Hung Hai.

----