• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

martial art shoes

Well tapes not gonna work IMHO...I tried taping my toes once when i had injured the nail and it was a disaster tape came right off first time I did a decent spin. I would say buy a store bought fungicide as tom suggested or see your doctor for a prescription if its real bad. Otherwise theres not much you can do...we had one girl that wore socks I suppose you could ask about doing that, only problem is, is that its very slippery for footing and tends to not allow spinning. You should call around and see if you have a MA store near you personally I was not wild about paying 65 bucks for a pair of shoes I hadnt tried on and luckily a store somewhat near me had a huge selection.

Long Live the Fighters!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that taping wont last. What you use (per shoes) will depend on the instructor. A lot of shoe stores have a selection of shoes that are not to rugged. Talk to the instructor. See a doctor.

BTW, does your feet have an odor as well? I know it can be enbarassing.

Shoes are required in one of the stlyes I've trained in. But as an instructor, I don't have any proplems with students wearing the correct type of shoes.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

Shoes that are designed for the MAs. Generally they have non-marking gum rubber soles and pivot points. These could be worn during all aspects of training with the exception of sparring. There are several different brand names and types that are available. :)

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

Shoes that are designed for the MAs. Generally they have non-marking gum rubber soles and pivot points. These could be worn during all aspects of training with the exception of sparring. There are several different brand names and types that are available. :)

Recommend one?

Another option for you is to buy wrestling shoes. I wear a pair of addidas wrestling shoes to my Hapkido class, and they work great for me.

Pros:

- More durable than the martial arts shoes I have heard about.

- Available at any local Sports Authority or sporting goods store for $40 or less.

- Great ankle support for those that need it.

Cons:

- They do not have the pivot point of other MA shoes. This may be a major, minor or non issue depending on the flooring in your dojang.

- Ankle mobility is a bit limited, and this may cause issues with foot placement in specialized kicking.

Like anything else, it depends on your instructor and what they will and will not let you wear, but that is one more option for you.

Respectfully,

Sorynn

Another option for you is to buy wrestling shoes. I wear a pair of addidas wrestling shoes to my Hapkido class, and they work great for me.

Pros:

- More durable than the martial arts shoes I have heard about.

- Available at any local Sports Authority or sporting goods store for $40 or less.

- Great ankle support for those that need it.

Cons:

- They do not have the pivot point of other MA shoes. This may be a major, minor or non issue depending on the flooring in your dojang.

- Ankle mobility is a bit limited, and this may cause issues with foot placement in specialized kicking.

Like anything else, it depends on your instructor and what they will and will not let you wear, but that is one more option for you.

Respectfully,

Sorynn

Great suggestion......I used boxing shoes in kick boxing......soon it was barred